Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Request on how a typical PDF looks like on Kindle

I've been looking at eInk readers (more at the kindle and nook) and really like them. After seeing the problems with the nook, I've decided that the Kindle looks better. Now I'm just debating between the DX and the 2...

Can someone with a Kindle 2 and someone with the DX put up a quick video/pictures of how a pdf looks like? I most likely would be reading plain PDFs, textbooks, and would want to see how they look like default without converting. I've played around with Calibre for converting/management, InstaPaper(and i'll probably be using a lot of that)... just afraid that the Kindle 2's screen is too small, but don't want to carry around the heavier DX

Link to pdf
Source
PDF Page 6 saved to image file
^ typical PDF of what i'll be reading. I would like to see if the font size is too small in portrait, or rotated and cut in half in landscape. If the kindle can't render it, then how does the image file look like?

if it's not desirable, maybe i'll wait for the Que reader, or use the $300 I've budgeted on a new computer
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote