Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Hello from the northern Chicago suburbs

Just got a Kindle 2 for myself as an early birthday present last Friday. Boy, I am really liking it.

I'm in the process of figuring out how to download public domain books from somewhere other than Amazon.

I think it will be a while before I buy much outside of the public domain; I am really enjoying the classics.

I like my Kindle 2 quite a lot, but I still like paper books too. They're still more romantic, albeit less convenient. I think paper books will one day be on the same level as quill or fountain pens, parchment, carburators, pay phones, etc. That is, replaced with newer technology, but still missed from time to time, either for some special strength or just romance that gives us a warm feeling inside.

I'm reading Short Stories Old and New a collection of short stories from Amazon's public domain books. Really enjoying it. Rip van Winkle was GREAT.

Next up: a free Star Wars book, first in a series to get me hooked.

I look forward to participating here, and I hope it is as friendly as many other enthusiast fora.

One thing I noticed right away is that spelling & grammar are better on sites related to reading.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi JeremyZ and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and check out all the free books here on MR.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
JI think paper books will one day be on the same level as quill or fountain pens,
Welcome to MR!

Hrm - if your prediction is correct, in a few years time I'll end up reading mostly pbooks again! (Dedicated fountain pen user )
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Jeremy!

If you are looking for public domain books for your Kindle, look no further. We have a ton of books in the Mobi format needed for your Kindle right HERE at MR, and more are added everyday. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Welcome from a fellow Chicago native.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert