Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Cole Haan Cover

I'd ordered the Cole Haan Cover with the woven leather. I was completely disappointed. The edges weren't finished well, the cover is way too stiff to fold back and when closed the cover didn't lay flat and there was nothing to keep the cover closed. Even the funky elastic band on the original K1 case was far better than... nothing.

I returned it the next day and pre-ordered the Tree of Life in Saddle from Oberon. I like good leather and was quite disappointed in the Cole Haan case.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
I think you will like the Oberon Designs cover. I love mine. The leather is thick but pliable, fold back well, has an elastic strap closure around the pewter button and lovely designs. I have the Avenue of Trees cover for Kindle 1 in fern.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I got the soft Cole Haan cover (pics here) and really love it. I liked the look of the woven but they did not look functional to me for exactly the reasons you stated. I love my Cole Haan so much I am debating canceling the Oberon I ordered. Except that it is a special order and I really want it too. I guess my Kindle will have to outfits and I will eating at home for a while!
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Probably, I would've liked the plain leather cover better but now I'm waiting on the Oberon.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
girlygirl
girlygirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 1
The oberon is a piece of art. I have one and they are beautiful and it only gets better with age.
girlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert