Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #61
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHWright View Post
I've seen various others react in similar ways (defending the love of "real" books), for example Bradbury. What I haven't seen is someone point out the equally real accessibility issues, such has those raised in this thread, and what their response was.
Thankfully, the Bradbury logjam has been broken. His work has been fairly flooding in.

Quote:
Sure, I've met some real prickly authors in my day, but I can't imagine too many (at least publicly), after having been asked the question about allowing ebooks in that context, saying, "f**K the disabled. I like real, printed books. End of discussion."
This would be awesome. While I cannot speak for other cripples, I would much rather have successful authors banding together to provide me with floozies instead of ebooks.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote