Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
11/22/63 by Stephen King

Ugh...I've been wanting to read this book for a while, but $20 for an e-book? I think the most I've ever paid (even for new releases) is $14. Of course, I can't use my Jan. coupon on this, either (like most books I want to buy).

Anyone follow the publishers and Kobo price structures and know if the price of this book may drop soon?

It's not carried on my online library, so I was thinking of buying it. I have about 5 other books I can read though, so perhaps I'll wait...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's an agency title. So the chances of the price dropping soon is very slim.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Guttenberg
Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo wi-fi
Too bad. I just read the book and it was great... possibly SK's best yet (except for "The Stand", of course).
There are other places to find the book, but it might cause [snip by moderators] trouble for me to tell you exactly where.
Good hunting.

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-06-2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Yes, telling people how to get illegal copies will get you in trouble.
Guttenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is inappropriate to tell how to find an illegal eBook on MR.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I know how! But, I'll probably buy it...it did come in first on goodreads.com for best Sci-Fi novel of 2011, so I can splurge! Thanks!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Guttenberg
Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.

I apologize for stepping over an apparent line, but since I did not technically nor specifically mention an alternate method of acquisition nor offer any instruction, I thought I was still OK. My bad.
For the record, I happily paid the full price for this much anticipated book on the very day it was released. It would be bad ju-ju indeed to deny the "King of Horror" his well-deserved royalties.
Peace.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Guttenberg

...I just went back in time to re-write my original post - did it work?

(Inside joke for those have read the book)

Happy reading.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guttenberg View Post
...I just went back in time to re-write my original post - did it work?

(Inside joke for those have read the book)

Happy reading.
Yep, it worked fine.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
At the kindle store for New Zealanders it is only $9.99US - but $24.99 (about $20USD) at kobo. Another example of agency pricing across the same market being a load of rubbish. Obviously Amazon don't play that game (and it's the same publisher and edition).

I know which one I'm going to buy.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
At the kindle store for New Zealanders it is only $9.99US - but $24.99 (about $20USD) at kobo. Another example of agency pricing across the same market being a load of rubbish. Obviously Amazon don't play that game (and it's the same publisher and edition).

I know which one I'm going to buy.
Serious? When I log into amazon it is $17.31 but when I log into kobo it comes up as $16.99.

Love to know how it is that price for you at amazon.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Serious? When I log into amazon it is $17.31 but when I log into kobo it comes up as $16.99.

Love to know how it is that price for you at amazon.
When I log in from Canada, it's $19.99 at Kobo and $22.39 at Amazon.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #12
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Here's the proof - Amazon's pricing in New Zealand seems really out of whack, especially when compared to Australia.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	80866  

Last edited by kiwipippa; 01-06-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: uploaded the hardback price in error - here's the correct one
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Here's the proof - Amazon's pricing in New Zealand seems really out of whack, especially when compared to Australia.
Slightly off topic but does this price from borders for a wifi seem a little off colour?
http://www.borders.com.au/electronic...lack/13950044/
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Ugh...I've been wanting to read this book for a while, but $20 for an e-book? I think the most I've ever paid (even for new releases) is $14. Of course, I can't use my Jan. coupon on this, either (like most books I want to buy).

Anyone follow the publishers and Kobo price structures and know if the price of this book may drop soon?

It's not carried on my online library, so I was thinking of buying it. I have about 5 other books I can read though, so perhaps I'll wait...
If you can wait until it's released in paperback, the eBook price should fall dramatically then.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
The Sony Bookstore has it for $14.99 (for Canadians). This can be read on the Kobo without and conversion.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote