Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 PM   #61
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Ok, took the plunge and ordered the Cybook + case total paid £256.10
Order Id: 3064
Heh, I guess you'll be able to do a comparison between the Sony and the Bookeen devices?
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:32 PM   #62
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
orderd 10-28-07

Order ID Order Date Order Total Currency Ship Date
2423 28 Oct 07 $483.32 USD 28 Oct 07

I don't know about the ship date. I still have not received a notice that it shipped.

Tom
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #63
tobyb
tobyb began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yer I wondered about that as my order confirmation also says shipping 28 oct. However Bookeen do not appear to be not shipping any until 2 November. Can't remember where it said it but somewhere during ordering.
Also on their blog: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...80490699678514
tobyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Heh, I guess you'll be able to do a comparison between the Sony and the Bookeen devices?
It's only a fair comparison using the 505 and Gen3. The 500 being old tech is not a fair comparison.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:42 AM   #65
rpink
rpink began at the beginning.

Device: Simpad / Rocket eBook / TabletPC / iLiad / K800i / Cybooke
Talking And another Cybook ordered. Cybook + case, order 3302

I want to read without recharge ;-)
rpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2007, 06:55 AM   #66
BuSab
BuSab began at the beginning.

Device: cybook / psion revo / zaurus / clié nr70v / nx70v
Hello, i ordered mine on sunday
Basic + shipping : 358.30 EUR
Order id : 2539

Now it's time to code the RSS-to-simple-html tool I'll need. And a filter to make the html version of "le monde" french newspaper easy to read :-)
BuSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 AM   #67
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuSab View Post
Hello, i ordered mine on sunday
Now it's time to code the RSS-to-simple-html tool I'll need. And a filter to make the html version of "le monde" french newspaper easy to read :-)

Isn't the Mobipocket software doing that for you?

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...ailsReader.asp

They support the Cybook and 25000 RSS feeds

Last edited by Ortep; 10-30-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #68
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, if you're running Windows, the MobiPocket Desktop Reader will do RSS feeds.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #69
BuSab

Yes, if I run windows, but I use Linux or OpenBSD. Moreover, MobiPocket Desktop Reader can't analyse the html page and keep only the content, discarding adds, banner, menu, etc.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #70
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Ok, took the plunge and ordered the Cybook + case total paid £256.10
Order Id: 3064
Quite expensive I would say. It is a bit more than I what I paid for Sony Reader in January 2007 when I bought it on b&h.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #71
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Well I did it, order 3400
Got frustrated with Sony's limitations to US. Plus want a guarantee that battery can be easily replaced so that I don't have to throw it away in 5 years. Already damaged my PalmPilot trying to replace battery. Don't want to change my PDA/reader every 5 years.
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ninja View Post
Don't want to change my PDA/reader every 5 years.
Heavens! I consider myself to be doing well if I use the same device for 1 year, let alone 5 .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #73
BuSab

All my PDA are 5 years old at least
An I also like replacable batteries.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #74
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuSab View Post
Yes, if I run windows, but I use Linux or OpenBSD. Moreover, MobiPocket Desktop Reader can't analyse the html page and keep only the content, discarding adds, banner, menu, etc.
I just tried some rss feeds from Le Monde, Mobipocket reader works flawlessly with them. I've tested with my iLiad, all content available no ads, just the articles.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #75
BuSab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper View Post
I just tried some rss feeds from Le Monde, Mobipocket reader works flawlessly with them. I've tested with my iLiad, all content available no ads, just the articles.
I tried Le Monde rss feed on my clié yesterday, each news begin with the same text from another article, and end with a text wich explain how to connect to my desk on the website. Not so bad, but half a screen is lost at the begin and end of each article.

And it's only the most important news, not the full newspaper (i suscribed to the web edition).

Some others rss are unreadable, mixing content and comments without index (www.maitre-eolas.fr for example). It's may be a bad designed website or rss feed, but it's not hard to make a program that read the RSS and keep only the content. And it may work on other OS than Windows.