Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
usbNetwork to teather active Wifi connection?

is it possible to use usbNetwork to tether the active Wifi connection? as in to use it as a usb Wireless adapter?
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Yes, it's possible. The process would very much be similar to the process of tethering to 3G (minus the Amazon proxy). However, it'd probably be much easier to invest $15 on a USB adapter.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 02:17 AM   #3
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Yes, it's possible. The process would very much be similar to the process of tethering to 3G (minus the Amazon proxy). However, it'd probably be much easier to invest $15 on a USB adapter.
How would i go about it (the usbNetwork part) and reason i shoose to is so that i can use it when and where i need to .. these cheapie adapters dont work well in XP/Server 2k3 R2/win7
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote