Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #61
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdzhlpr View Post
Thanks Scion, I can always count on your posts to help me back out of that corner. I still cant drag and drop a program to the little taskbar in at the bottom.
If you have ADW you press down on the app icon and just drag it to the dock. What happens when you try to do it? The app icon has to be on the desktop not within the app drawer where all the apps are.

It only works for app icons, not widgets.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #62
nookgirl123
Enthusiast
nookgirl123 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
My screens on my non-rooted NC. I went for a nautical theme with three views from a simulated ships bridge.

How the heck did you get three different walpapers for each SCREEN!?!?!:eek :
nookgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #63
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I finally got my main desktop set up.....somewhat I'm still getting used to the push the "N" and up volume to take a screenshot....

My main page has a few apps, mostly net stuff.....the next screen has book stuff, and I have a few games on another.....

Still a work in progress....but it's cool the way the background moves to the next section of the canyon, when you swipe to the next desktop screen...... Picture was taken by me on a recent trip there

Oh....I haven't actually figured out how to add something to the favorite button in the drawer.....or change the web browser in the drawer to use Dolphin (it still uses the same stock browser )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main screen.png
Views:	330
Size:	688.9 KB
ID:	65131  

Last edited by The Joker; 01-19-2011 at 11:28 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #64
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Very nice, TJ!
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #65
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Very nice, TJ!
Yes, that's a great picture of the Canyon!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 AM   #66
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
Colors are a little off, but here's my Nook, rooted, of course. I bought a decal set for it (it covers the front and the back), and I downloaded the matching wallpaper for my desktop:

Yes, I know. I'm way too "girly."
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #67
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Sweet mother ...

ADDED: GRW, creativity such as yours makes my technical mind feel remarkably insufficient at times.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 01-22-2011 at 01:14 PM.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #68
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Seems you took it to another level......
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #69
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
Well, in all of fairness, all I did was order the protective decal online...

...wish I could take credit for the creativity of it, LOL.

I skin all my gadgets, though. iPhone, DSi, etc.
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #70
Rjl2001
Enthusiast
Rjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRjl2001 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic Wifi, Nook Color (rooted)
Click image for larger version

Name:	11-01-26-3.png
Views:	290
Size:	842.9 KB
ID:	65514

Couple quick questions. I'd really like to put a shortcut to a specific webpage or downloaded file (ebook/document) onto the home screen, is this possible using ADW? Finally, I realized I took 9 screenshots and only one came out without the volume in the picutre, what's the secret trick to do that right?

Lots of good examples on here though, giving me plenty of ideas of what can be done.
Rjl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:36 AM   #71
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjl2001 View Post
Couple quick questions. I'd really like to put a shortcut to a specific webpage or downloaded file (ebook/document) onto the home screen, is this possible using ADW?
Yes. This thread explains how to use the free app Desktop Visualizer to place shortcuts on the home screen of any launcher (ADW, Zeam, Launcher Pro, etc).

Quote:
Finally, I realized I took 9 screenshots and only one came out without the volume in the picutre, what's the secret trick to do that right?
I usually use the free app ShootMe to take screen shots. You just start it and then shake your Nook when you want the screenshot instead of button fumbling. I'm just used to using it since I already use it on my EVO android phone. But the Nook button technique that usually works is to hold down the n button, then quickly tap the volume down button (don't hold it), then release the n button.

Last edited by zartemis; 01-26-2011 at 04:33 AM.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #72
iotta
iotta will become famous soon enoughiotta will become famous soon enoughiotta will become famous soon enoughiotta will become famous soon enoughiotta will become famous soon enoughiotta will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Google search bar

How do I get just the Google Search bar (without beautiful widgets, etc.)?

I found Askdroid in the market but it's a bit clunky and wikipedia doesn't work.

Better yet, is there a clean search bar where you can choose multiple searches, like wikipedia or dictionary.com?

Edit: I found this http://www.appbrain.com/app/google-s...quicksearchbox
but it doesn't look the same as what you guys are posting.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
I don't have much going on and am still using stock wallpaper. But I'm getting there.

iotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #73
lindasadko
lindasadko began at the beginning.

Device: android phones
Quote:
Originally Posted by iotta View Post
How do I get just the Google Search bar (without beautiful widgets, etc.)?

I found Askdroid in the market but it's a bit clunky and wikipedia doesn't work.

Better yet, is there a clean search bar where you can choose multiple searches, like wikipedia or dictionary.com?

Thanks!
Dear Jotta -- I am Linda from Sadko Mobile, maker of AskDroid. It is not possible yet to make a widget box in which you can type directly, this function is barred by Google. We tried to streamline your user experience though. You mentioned that "wikipedia doesn't work". For thousands of our users, Wikipedia search (English and other national languages) works perfectly, and I am quite perplexed at what you mean. Can you please describe the problem in more detail so that we would look at it and fix it?

thank you!

Linda-Sadko
lindasadko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #74
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindasadko View Post
Dear Jotta -- I am Linda from Sadko Mobile, maker of AskDroid. It is not possible yet to make a widget box in which you can type directly, this function is barred by Google. We tried to streamline your user experience though. You mentioned that "wikipedia doesn't work". For thousands of our users, Wikipedia search (English and other national languages) works perfectly, and I am quite perplexed at what you mean. Can you please describe the problem in more detail so that we would look at it and fix it?

thank you!

Linda-Sadko
Linda,

I'm impressed to find a developer here on the forums offering up help for all to read instead of the typical send me a private email so we can troubleshoot.

Thanks
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #75
lindasadko
lindasadko began at the beginning.

Device: android phones
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdzhlpr View Post
Linda,

I'm impressed to find a developer here on the forums offering up help for all to read instead of the typical send me a private email so we can troubleshoot.

Thanks
Dear... i cannot spell the name

I do not understand why others do it in private but for us, a complaint is a way to do things better so we really like them. More than praise, really. ) Praise does not tell you what can be better. I understand everyone here uses a new Nook ebook? We never had this device in our lab so if anyone has issues with it, pls post. I might be quite hard to get rid off, though, if I need input. )

Linda
lindasadko is offline   Reply With Quote