Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Calibre Settings

Hey I just installed Calibre to get used to it before my P360 arrives, but on the program's device lis I can't see Pocketbook 360 as an option, so, what settings do you use for calibre to convert books for the little one? Format, margins, etc...

Last edited by coredump; 12-03-2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: calibre, linux, zombies
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
hope these help

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=360

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=360
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post
Hey I just installed Calibre to get used to it before my P360 arrives, but on the program's device lis I can't see Pocketbook 360 as an option, so, what settings do you use for calibre to convert books for the little one? Format, margins, etc...
The Cybook Opus is in the format options.

Hardwarewise, both devices are virtually the same. So you can't go far wrong by using that!

Formatwise, you may choose between Mobi, FB2 or ePub, whatever you prefer! Maybe make all three and find out what you like best!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
The Cybook Opus is in the format options.

Hardwarewise, both devices are virtually the same. So you can't go far wrong by using that!

Formatwise, you may choose between Mobi, FB2 or ePub, whatever you prefer! Maybe make all three and find out what you like best!
You can also choose PDF or PDB (PalmDoc).
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
You can also choose PDF or PDB (PalmDoc).
PDB: You should know, however, that PDB is in essence only glorified text, so not a lot of formatiing on those!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 AM   #6
coredump
Enthusiast

Not exactly calibre related, but whats the best place to buy ebooks for PB360? I already found books I want on inkmesh search:

http://inkmesh.com/ebooks/first-lord...+lord%27s+fury

But B&N doesn't sells to my country, Sony Reader Store depends on SOny software (and I think they don't sell to Brazil, either), the last chance is ADE on books on board.

Anyone knows other search sites or a good ebook store that sells internationally and with a reasonable price? Also, can ADE (PDF?) be converted to other formats?

Last edited by coredump; 12-08-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:51 AM   #7
coredump
Enthusiast

To be honest I am kinda lost. Fictionwise only has MOBI and eReader formats, both with DRM.
I converted a eReader (pdb) to HTML but it lost all formatting like paragraphs (dialogue text is the same appearance, and calibre/pocketbook apparently doesn't like any of the avaiable formats.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
DerSchwarzePrinz
DerSchwarzePrinz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
To be honest I am kinda lost. Fictionwise only has MOBI and eReader formats, both with DRM.
I converted a eReader (pdb) to HTML but it lost all formatting like paragraphs (dialogue text is the same appearance, and calibre/pocketbook apparently doesn't like any of the avaiable formats.
You could try libri.de

http://www.libri.de/shop/action/maga...he_ebooks.html
DerSchwarzePrinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:44 AM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator

www.coolerbooks.com sells DRMed books! BAEN is selling tons of DRM free ePubs with some hundred free ones thrown in. Ebooks.com should be fine, too! Fictionwise has also a large (very large) collection of multiple format books, with ePub being one of the formats!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-09-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #10
coredump
Enthusiast

At the moment I am more concerned with stores that don't sell to Brazil than with stores that sell DRM'ed ebooks. I can live with DRM'ed epub I think.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
coredump
Enthusiast

My PB360 is here!

Calibre finds it as Cool_er. How can I make calibre send FB2 and not epub to the device?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
My PB360 is here!

Calibre finds it as Cool_er. How can I make calibre send FB2 and not epub to the device?
It being detected as a Cool_er is a bug. Open a ticket and include the OS you're using as well as the output of:

Code:
calibre-debug -d
Once with the device connected and once without. I will look into fixing this issue. Oh and assign the bug to me. Or if you can't use the forum to send me an email with the bug number.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #13
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
My PB360 is here!

It seems you can't send FB2 to a device yet. Just use the copy&paste in the meantime. I'm sure Kovid or user_none will fix that!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
It seems you can't send FB2 to a device yet. Just use the copy&paste in the meantime. I'm sure Kovid or user_none will fix that!
Personally I like to use Save To Disk with Calibre since it lets you customize the directory structure and filename of the ebook.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
coredump
Enthusiast

Breaks on chapter change and empty newlines, I dont see them in fb2 or epub, is that correct?