Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #16
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I ended up checking out (and renewing a couple of times) the paper version of 1491 from my local library to look at the illustrations from time to time. I read it over (many) lunches, so I didn't encounter very many on any given read. When I was in the vicinity of the pbook version and I thought of it, I would locate the illustrations and look at them for a bit.

Not perfect, but I got the advatanges of both and never had to lug around a huge book. Not very practical for books always on hold, but I read it last year and it worked well for me. I've done it with a couple of other books as well.
Yeah I've done that at times, other times I've used my phone or laptop to google the subject. Maybe not the exact same maps/photos as in the book, but often close enough. I thought when I got my paperwhite with its HD screen, maps and such would show up better than on my K3. But photos are only as good as their resolution. I'm reading Almost a Miracle by John Ferling now, and the maps are still fuzzy due to the low-res images included in the ebook.

1491 is a fantastic book btw.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote