Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
I must look like one of those cartoon characters, the ones with chattering teeth that are biting their nails down to nothing.

I keep glancing at it and wanting to take it out to check and I CAN'T!!!

Well I could, it just has a less likely chance of working right if I do, lol.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #17
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
I remember once -- just for fun -- presenting my local bank with a 50 Euro note my wife had accidentally run through the washer -- nothing but crumbs. "No possibility of repair, replacement or refund," I was told by the po-faced teller.
Huh. American currency can be repeatedly laundered.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #18
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***American currency can be repeatedly laundered***

We even heard of this practice way over the Shining Big Sea Water, Jack. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I had a laptop that "got wet" and was dead. Bought a new one and then 4 weeks later just before taking it in to have the drive spun, I thought oh well let me try it. Has been working ever since. So don't give up yet, think the cat litter crystals in a bag is makes great sense.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:59 AM   #20
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
That happened to me with a Samsung netbook a few weeks ago, Leep. Started to work perfectly, after the keyboard suffered a soup-associated accident, in about three or four days. Seems it's always worth giving these things a little breathing space to air out. N
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #21
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay ladies and gentlemen, here we go....
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #22
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Nothing. The red light comes on and I left it plugged in until it turned off. I unplugged it and tried to turn it on, nothing. I plugged it back in and it doesn't even register on my computer or on the Sony ebook library-software-thingy (you know, on the left side where it shows you whether or not its plugged in). Sooo...what's my next step. Do you think I Should call Sony and if so, what should I tell them? It's still covered under warranty, but I know the warranty doesn't cover for stupidity, lol!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #23
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF

OK, first did you do a long full charge with a wall charger?

Then, second, if you are using a wall charger, will it turn on while it is plugged in?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #24
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Don't lie about dropping it in water. They'll know, and you'll have to pay full price anyway, and it will just take longer. I'm sure they won't cover the repairs, but they may be able to replace some components for less than the cost of a new device.

I don't own a Sony, so that's all I have offer. Good luck!!
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 AM   #25
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

No, I don't have a wall charger. I've always kept it pretty charged up, once a week I would let it sit on the computer overnite so I wouldn't run the battery down after time. I charge it from my boyfriends playstation 3 when hes playing, it being a sony and all...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 AM   #26
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

I think something's shorted out, it won't even show up on my computer as a usb connection. I dont know, all I do is read on the thing, lol. Thank goodness I still have another reader, I'd have been pulling my hair out!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #27
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
Huh. American currency can be repeatedly laundered.
Australian money is made of plastic. It really can be laundered - literally.
(The first $5 notes could have the face of the Queen ironed off, but they've improved the secret recipe since then.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
I think something's shorted out, it won't even show up on my computer as a usb connection. I dont know, all I do is read on the thing, lol. Thank goodness I still have another reader, I'd have been pulling my hair out!
Be more careful next time! Water and liseuse don't mix!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:45 AM   #28
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Wonder how many even wilder abuses these poor wee gizmos have suffered.
A while back, in the interests of posterity, I documented my wife's abuses of her readers. So far drowning hasn't been one of the methods she used to get a new reader (yet).
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Don't give up yet. Others have had the problem of a Reader not showing up "as a usb connection" and the Reader still works.

Sometimes it really does take a full wall charge (and maybe a drain and full charge again) to get it going (again, this is from what I have seen in other problem posts).

I've seen many posts from owners who use a PSP charger (much cheaper than buying the charger sold for the Sony Reader). This option is cheap enough to at least give it a try.

Maybe the battery did short out, but you never know. You can at least try to see if you can turn it on while it is hooked up to a main wall charger.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #30
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Don't give up yet. Others have had the problem of a Reader not showing up "as a usb connection" and the Reader still works.

Sometimes it really does take a full wall charge (and maybe a drain and full charge again) to get it going (again, this is from what I have seen in other problem posts).

I've seen many posts from owners who use a PSP charger (much cheaper than buying the charger sold for the Sony Reader). This option is cheap enough to at least give it a try.

Maybe the battery did short out, but you never know. You can at least try to see if you can turn it on while it is hooked up to a main wall charger.

Thank you for your support! Even tho I still have my 600 it's not the same as my 505...I called Sony support and they said by the date I bought it it's covered under the exchange program. But that excludes water damage . Basically, ur screwed but if you want us to fix it for you we can certainly do that. I'm thinking I'm going to wait 1 month before I even touch it again and after that I'll see what happens. If it still doesn't work I'll prob send it to Sony and see how much they will charge me to fix it. It will still be under warranty, but if it's over $200 than I'm just going to say forget it and prob just end up getting a 300. I want to keep my 600 from getting beat up, hauling it back and forth-if I leave the house without it I go into seizures .
Tonite I'll stop at Game Stop and get a PSP charger so when I'm ready to try again I'll have everything I need. Do u think I should keep it in the bag of rice until then or just let it sit out? I mean, it prob couldn't hurt but just asking to see what everyone else thinks...

Thank you so, so much! I'd appreciate any other ideas, and I will keep you updated