Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
ees
ees began at the beginning.

Device: none
prs505 cli

Hi,

Is there a command-line interface for adding and removing books to the PRS-505? I noticed that there exists a prs500 utility, but using that tool to copy books to a PRS-505 device doesn't seem to update the metadata. (Seems reasonable.)

If no tool exists for the PRS-505, is it a matter of copying over the cli adapter code from prs500 and hacking it to make use of the prs505 driver?

Thanks,
-e
ees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The command line program doesnt copy metadata, only files for both the 500 and the 505
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
ees
ees began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The command line program doesnt copy metadata, only files for both the 500 and the 505
Is there any reason why a command line program couldn't copy the metadata as well? (I ask because I would be willing to work on it, so long as there isn't a show stopping reason why it could never work)

It would be really neat to be able to automate updates to the Reader without reliance on the GUI.

Thanks,
-e
ees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah you can do that. i just haven't bothered
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote