Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
When you're at the end of an epub downloaded from Feedbooks, there's often a suggestions list, the titles are linked to the epub at Feedbooks and clicking them is supposed to download the book.

Marvin has an issue with the redirect to the actual file and does not detect the epub being downloaded. It transfers alright as I see it come by in my http sniffer but Marvin doesn't recognize it as epub it seems. Feedbooks sends these files as an attachement in the content-disposition header but the content-type is still set to epub+zip

this is what comes by in the sniffer for these headers
Code:
Content-Type: application/epub+zip
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Kurt Vonnegut - 2 B R O 2 B.epub"
the error I get is
"Oops
Cannot load page. Are you connected to the Internet?"

no problems in iBooks or Stanza.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 12-10-2013 at 07:15 PM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
when I push on "done", nothing happens ...

iOS bug.
? works perfectly fine here?
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #18
At_Libitum
Addict

Not sure in which thread it came up, but someone mentioned the location popup you get on Stanza when tapping center of page?

I too added my vote to have this added but today I find it's already there. It needs however to be brought up by tapping the slider on the bottom bar and removes as soon as you let go.

I know there is no simple solution, but could this be changed so that those of us who have the top/bottom bars set to autohide, that this little popup shows automatically as long as these bars are visible?

I realize all it takes is tapping the slider, it's the keeping it tapped that is the hurdle because sometimes there's this occasion I need an extra hand to keep it visible while trying to note down the chapter/page.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 AM   #19
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
You can also see your location by tapping the header in the book without invoking the toolbars or slider.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #20
mephistopheles
mephistopheles began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone5
Hi Kris, I'm having some problems with version 2.5 that I never experienced with 2.4 or below. When I copy books to Marvin through Calibre I get this message :

The following book was rejected by Marvin:
- 'Name your book/s here' by name your author here.

The books are not corrupted; as I said I could read them on 2.4 and below.

I get a similar message when I copy the same books (there must be over 200 of them in total where I get this error) to Marvin through iTunes.

When I go into Marvin it tells me that the books are corrupted, or damaged (they're not) and asks if I want to delete them.

I assume this is a bug with 2.5? If so, when will it be fixed?
mephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #21
At_Libitum
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
You can also see your location by tapping the header in the book without invoking the toolbars or slider.
I know but that is not an 'exact' location, it only mentions section number and percentage, whereas that small black popup at the bottom gives me chapter number and name and page number.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #22
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mephistopheles - Sorry about this - it's a bug that made it in 2.5. It's already fixed for 2.5.5 and I'm expecting you'll have the update later this week.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #23
mephistopheles
mephistopheles began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone5
Great! I'll wait patiently. Keep up the great work. I've ended up being one of the guys who bought all the versions (kept missing the free ones LOL). Fine with me though; it's been worth it.
mephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #24
kguil
Addict

@mephistopheles - Thanks a lot for your support. Apple just approved the update. You should have it very soon.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #25
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Hi Kris
On the Readmill front, is it just one way at the moment? You can download from Readmill Cloud to Marvin. Will Marvin sync progress back to Readmill if you're reading a book in Marvin?
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #26
kguil
Addict

ChristopherTD - Yes. Currently it's one way.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
kguil
Addict

@mephistopheles - Could you confirm that the latest update (2.5.5) fixed your problem?
Old 12-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #28
henrikberggren
henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.henrikberggren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5 / iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
Hi Kris
On the Readmill front, is it just one way at the moment? You can download from Readmill Cloud to Marvin. Will Marvin sync progress back to Readmill if you're reading a book in Marvin?
Readmill & Marvin has plans to work more closely together so hopefully we'll see syncing and not only downloading in the future.
henrikberggren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #29
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikberggren View Post
Really proud of being a part of Marvin, please tell us what you think about the integration and how can improve it going forward.
Yesterday, I received your monthly newsletter - and didn't find a single word about this exciting news.

Marvin is consistently among the top 50 apps of the "Book" category in the German AppStore (which happens to be one of Europe's top markets as you know). At the time of writing, it's at place 23 with unanimous (!) five-star-ratings. And that's being a *paid* app whereas most other readers, including ReadMill's own app, are free. (ReadMill's app is currently on place 31.)

Considering all that, I think you might really want to build upon that by mentioning Marvin and it's support for ReadMill in the next available newsletter after Kris released a version with even deeper ReadMill integration, don't you think? :-)
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote