Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free and Bargain Westerns

I first became a fan of westerns through the pulps of Clifton Adams, William MacLeod Rainey, and Max Brand. Soon I was devouring everything I could find by William Johnstone, Larry McMurtry and other masters of the genre. Don't know if there are any other devotees here, but can't resist passing on these freebies.

Free Westerns today from Amazon:

Mobley's Law by Gerald Lane Summers, first published by Telemachus Press, 2011

US
UK
DE

The Reckoning by Robert J. Thomas

US
UK
DE
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
Thanks for the tip. I enjoy westerns also...........
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Thank you I too enjoy westerns.
Louis L'Amour and William Colt MacDonald were two of my favorites.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Yeah!!! A western thread!!! Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour fan here.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Zane Grey fan here. Count me in, I consider it a great break from romances.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free and reduced westerns seem to be few and far between. There may an interest in this one, free today from Amazon:

Mr. Pettigrew (The Nemesis Series) by L.J. Martin

Quote:
Nearly starved, missing half a leg, Beau Boone stumbles out of a cattle car into the hell on wheels Transcontinental Railroad town of Nemesis, and into gunsmoke and battle to rival that of the war he's just escaped. Mr. Pettigrew and Miss Alice, of the Angel Cloud Saloon, befriend him, and soon he's sitting shotgun in the middle of a smaller, but equally deadly, conflict. And it's a war no one can win.
L. J. Martin's passion for the western and the wild west spills over into every word he writes. From the diversity of the land and the glorious history of its earliest inhabitants to the brave and enterprising men and women who rushed to claim it, this talented novelist boldly mines America's last great frontier for stories that are truly unforgettable.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
Thanks BelleZora I will give it a read...
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you. I picked up The Cowboy and the Cossack by Claire Huffaker yesterday.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1612183697
Apache
Old 12-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
BelleZora
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
Thanks, Apache. Never heard of this one, but I snapped it up and moved it near the top of my TBR list. It sounds really wonderful.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #10
BelleZora
Wizard

Judy Alter received the Owen Wister Award for Lifetime Achievement from Western Writers of America in 2005. She has won the Spur, Wrangler and Texas Institute of Letters awards, and was inducted into Texas Literary Hall of Fame.

A couple of her books are now available at Amazon for the bargain price of .99:

Sundance, Butch and Me
UK

Mattie
UK
Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The Man with no Past
http://www.amazon.com/Entire-Series-...840425&sr=1-16
Haven't read it yet but it looks like it's a series of stories.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Judy Alter received the Owen Wister Award for Lifetime Achievement from Western Writers of America in 2005. She has won the Spur, Wrangler and Texas Institute of Letters awards, and was inducted into Texas Literary Hall of Fame.

A couple of her books are now available at Amazon for the bargain price of .99:

Sundance, Butch and Me
UK

Mattie
UK
I think I'll give these a try. Thanks!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Apache
Looks like an interesting one.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #14
BelleZora
Wizard

Two of my all-time favorite Westerns are on offer at Amazon from HarperCollins for $3.79.

That master of the Mystery genre, Elmore Leonard, got his start writing for the pulp western market in the 1950’s. Hombre, published in 1961, and Valdez is Coming, published in 1970, were both adapted to film. Although Valdez is Coming received mostly mediocre movie reviews, Hombre with Paul Newman was a hit. Both are excellent novels.

Several other Elmore Leonard westerns are also offered for $3.79. I haven’t yet read them, at least that I can remember, but you can’t really go wrong with a Leonard novel.

These same books are $3.99 at B&N and Kobo. At BoB they are $4.35.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Two of my all-time favorite Westerns are on offer at Amazon from HarperCollins for $3.79.

That master of the Mystery genre, Elmore Leonard, got his start writing for the pulp western market in the 1950’s. Hombre, published in 1961, and Valdez is Coming, published in 1970, were both adapted to film. Although Valdez is Coming received mostly mediocre movie reviews, Hombre with Paul Newman was a hit. Both are excellent novels.

Several other Elmore Leonard westerns are also offered for $3.79. I haven’t yet read them, at least that I can remember, but you can’t really go wrong with a Leonard novel.

These same books are $3.99 at B&N and Kobo. At BoB they are $4.35.
Hombre was a great movie.
One of my favorite Elmore Leonard books was Mr Majestyk. I liked the movie too.
Apache