Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 06:00 AM   #76
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Please.... pay attention to the guidelines as they apply to image size...
Quote:
9. Avatars, Images and Signatures

General posting guidelines also apply to avatars, images and signatures.

Animated avatars are discouraged but permitted. Excessively flashy or annoying animated avatars may be deleted.

Images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. Individual forum sections, including the Self-Promotions forum, may require smaller images. Please read the Promotion Posting Guidelines for specific information. You may use a picture as a link to a larger picture elsewhere.

When posting images that are in the public domain, we recommend that you use the attachment feature or your MobileRead album, rather than directly linking to offsite locations. This way we can ensure that the images won't suddenly disappear. (This is also good netiquette as it is not using someone else's bandwidth.)

Signatures are required to be discreet and unobtrusive. The total height of a signature must not exceed 100 pixels (six lines of default size text), and the width must not exceed 600 pixels.

Discreet, non-animated graphics are allowed in signatures, within the overall signature size limits. Ideally signature graphics should be uploaded to MobileRead.

Advertisement and promotion unrelated to eBook and mobile reading in a signature must be limited to only one line of non-bold default size text.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:28 PM   #78
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Arrows Skin from DecalGirl

Bit the bullet and ordered a skin for my H20 (I always skinned my Kindles, but kind of liked the soft, grippy rubber of my Kobo, so was hesitant).

Pictures show the story -- mostly. This is the "Arrows" skin, but in applying it, I wasn't initially happy with my alignment and tried to take it off on the front, which, of course, ended up stretching it so that the fit was even worse. My solution? I actually cut off the top border of the front skin, to rely on the Kobo's black instead of the skin's black (and even to increase the black area a bit). I like it better! YMMV, of course....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	H20 Front with Skin.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	138540   Click image for larger version

Name:	H20 Back with Skin.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	138541  
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #79
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
Bit the bullet and ordered a skin for my H20 (I always skinned my Kindles, but kind of liked the soft, grippy rubber of my Kobo, so was hesitant).

Pictures show the story -- mostly. This is the "Arrows" skin, but in applying it, I wasn't initially happy with my alignment and tried to take it off on the front, which, of course, ended up stretching it so that the fit was even worse. My solution? I actually cut off the top border of the front skin, to rely on the Kobo's black instead of the skin's black (and even to increase the black area a bit). I like it better! YMMV, of course....
With my eyesight and declining finger dexterity I usually borrow someone's a teenage kid to aply skins.

A man's gotta know his limitations. Even if it makes him feel old.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #80
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post

Very nice!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:35 AM   #81
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I've got a question, I don't like the shiny bezel the H2O has, so I was thinking about skinning it. But, can that skin take a dunking in a bathtub?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #82
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I've never tried it, but I think it could withstand a bit of water here and there. They are good quality and adhere very well to the bezel. As posted on their site: Skins are durable and made from premium automotive-grade cast vinyl, the same material used on vehicles and sides of city buses. This stuff lasts!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #83
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've got a question, I don't like the shiny bezel the H2O has, so I was thinking about skinning it. But, can that skin take a dunking in a bathtub?
I haven't dunked mine in the bath, but I have washed my H2O with the skin on and it was none the worse for it. I actually just replaced the skin on mine, wasn't happy with how I'd applied it and finally decided to do something about it. Based on the amount of force I needed to use to peel back the skin I wouldn't worry about an accidental dunk in the tub.

I'd reckon that the skin will be able to withstand the practical water exposure an H2O will be subject to. So unless you want to leave it underwater at the maximum depth for the maximum amount of time, repeatedly within short intervals I wouldn't worry about it. But at that point I'd also start to worry about the H2O as well.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #84
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I'd reckon that the skin will be able to withstand the practical water exposure an H2O will be subject to. So unless you want to leave it underwater at the maximum depth for the maximum amount of time, repeatedly within short intervals I wouldn't worry about it. But at that point I'd also start to worry about the H2O as well.
Lol! No, I was more thinking about reading in the tub (the main reason I got it), where I'd hold the device with wet hands, getting the occasional drops of water on it, or even in a swimming pool, floating on an airbed (is that the correct word?), when somebody decides to have some fun and pushes you into the water...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #85
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
I realise this topic has been inactive for quite some time, but I just wanted to say for those interested that today, Decalgirl offers a free shipping coupon for Kobo H2O skins (at least, didn't check for other items). You need to go inside the item page to actually see if you can use the coupon or not.
I was finally able to order one for my H2O
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote