Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #16
Dangze
Enthusiast
Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.Dangze can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Kobo Arc 32Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerinkane View Post
Unless I am missing something, this will not work. As soon as you connect to wifi, you are forced to download the jelly bean update. It is a shame because i was looking forward to getting ICS back.
See 1st post :
"Downgrading will leave you on the last ICS build. The Jelly Bean update will not show up to downgraded devices. At least for now."
Dangze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
I downgraded to ICS when the JB update wasn't available. Now it shows up permanently in the bottom bar as an available update, but it doesn't auto-install.
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerinkane View Post
Unless I am missing something, this will not work. As soon as you connect to wifi, you are forced to download the jelly bean update. It is a shame because i was looking forward to getting ICS back.
The only forced upgrade is when you power up a new Arc. I ignored all upgrades except when JB was withdrawn, then installed the final ICS. I just ignore the "upgrade" notification.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
The only forced upgrade is when you power up a new Arc. I ignored all upgrades except when JB was withdrawn, then installed the final ICS. I just ignore the "upgrade" notification.
You can also turn off the notification if it bugs you.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmss View Post
You can also turn off the notification if it bugs you.
Nope, no such option.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #21
nmss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
Nope, no such option.

I turned it off. Settings... apps...system updates... force stop.

Edit: you'll have to be running ics. If you're on jb, I don't think you can revert to pics now that the jb update is available again.

Last edited by nmss; 06-21-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #22
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Dangze,

I'm not sure if you're still looking for this information, but he might have done it this way (requires root):

http://www.androidauthority.com/nexu...let-ui-100888/

UPDATE: Just confirmed this works. Here are the steps.

1. Root the Arc.
2. Open /system/build.prop in some rootable text editor.
3. Change the ro.sf.lcd_density to 170.
4. Reboot, and enjoy.

The only downside is that the icons and text are slightly smaller, but now we have LOTS more space on the screen!

You can easily see that if you revert to the stock 213 for density.

Last edited by markyisri; 02-08-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: add instructions
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote