Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Silvia_lollipop
Silvia_lollipop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question Show total pages of a chapter

Hi I have a question, I haven't already found an answer in precedent threads.
While reading a book on my kindle fire I can see in the bottom of the page the number of total pages, the quantity and the percent of pages already read. Is it possible to show those informations also for the chapter I'm reading? So I could know how many pages remain to the end of a chapter.
Thanks
Silvia_lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #2
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia_lollipop View Post
Hi I have a question, I haven't already found an answer in precedent threads.
While reading a book on my kindle fire I can see in the bottom of the page the number of total pages, the quantity and the percent of pages already read. Is it possible to show those informations also for the chapter I'm reading? So I could know how many pages remain to the end of a chapter.
Thanks
Not sure it can be done with the Kindle Reader, but it does show the chapter page numbers in Moon+ Reader Pro, which I use in preference to the Kindle Reader, as it is much more configurable.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #3
Silvia_lollipop
Silvia_lollipop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Not sure it can be done with the Kindle Reader, but it does show the chapter page numbers in Moon+ Reader Pro, which I use in preference to the Kindle Reader, as it is much more configurable.
Thank you, I'll try with Moon+ Reader Pro, although I'll be happier if I could do this also with the Kindle Reader.
Silvia_lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
The problem I have with Moon+Reader Pro is where the chapter page numbers are the Kindle has something (for going back, etc.) covering the information from Moon+Reader Pro!

Otherwise I love Moon+Reader Pro on KFHD. But how do we get Moon+Reader Pro to move the information to the left or right, or higher or lower???
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Otherwise I love Moon+Reader Pro on KFHD. But how do we get Moon+Reader Pro to move the information to the left or right, or higher or lower???
Do you mean modifying the top and bottom and side margins? Cos that can be via Settings/Visual Options.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Do you mean modifying the top and bottom and side margins? Cos that can be via Settings/Visual Options.
No Kindle Fire HD has the settings thingy (sorry can't think what it is called) that you hit to go back, and it is permanently set at the bottom middle. That is where the chapter and page number that Moon+pro puts the info.

You mean I can move that somewhere else?
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #7
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
No Kindle Fire HD has the settings thingy (sorry can't think what it is called) that you hit to go back, and it is permanently set at the bottom middle. That is where the chapter and page number that Moon+pro puts the info.

You mean I can move that somewhere else?
I don't think so .

But I don't quite understand the problem. I have the Kindle go-back arrow, home button etc. displayed along the bottom, but I can still see the Moon Reader time, chapter number, page number and percentage complete shown along the bottom as well. Are you saying you can't see these, or is there supposed to be another line below that?

If you can't see the line I've described, then there must be a setting that allows it, as I certainly can.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #8
new

Quote:
I don't think so .

But I don't quite understand the problem. I have the Kindle go-back arrow, home button etc. displayed along the bottom, but I can still see the Moon Reader time, chapter number, page number and percentage complete shown along the bottom as well. Are you saying you can't see these, or is there supposed to be another line below that?

If you can't see the line I've described, then there must be a setting that allows it, as I certainly can.

The chapter number/page number is mostly covered (1/4 is not covered) with the KFHD setting for go back, etc. The chapter number is super tiny too. On the left bottom is the battery percentage, middle is what is covered up partially, right bottom is percentage I think. I scoured the Moon+Pro for settings to change this and this is none.

So why is yours not covered up in the bottom middle?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #9
new

Does anyone else use Moon + pro on KFHD? I still have the KFHD thingy that you use to go back blocking the bottom middle space where Moon puts the chapter and page number.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Books I loan from the Library using the Overdrive Media Console app show a lot of good info when reading my book. It shows Chapter Progress % and Book Progress % as well as how many pages are in the chapter

The new update for the Kindle Touch also shows how many minutes it will take to complete the chapter and the whole book, which is very nice.

Wish they would do this for the Kindle Fire
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show pages chapter