Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 08-07-2003, 07:38 PM   #16
volcanopele
Connoisseur
volcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it is

Device: Clie NR70V
iSilo and iSiloX/C have gone into beta 2

iSilo 4.00 beta2:
  • From 4.0b1: When opening a menu that is contained within a table, the opened menu may not be aligned with the closed menu.
  • When setting the scroll bar to the left and viewing a page with content wider than the screen on high density devices, the horizontal scroll bar's left arrow would be missing.
  • With PGP mobile and enabling the PGP command bar icon option, iSilo's toolbar icons fail to display after invoking the command bar.
  • From 4.0b1: Searching for text finds no occurrence even when the text is present.
  • From 4.0b1: Lossy compressed image may fail to display.
  • From 4.0b1: Tapping on the content of a document swhose text encoding is UTF-8 results in a crash.
  • From 4.0b1: Some FontHack fonts would appear to be unusable.

iSiloX/C 4.00 beta2:
All platforms:

* The background color specified for an inline element such as <span> would not be inherited by an enclosed element.
* Corrected handling of 1-bit, 2-bit, and 4-bit PNG images that use filters.
* When performing an HTTP request on other than port 80, the port number was not being sent in the request header line.
* From 4.0b1: In table cells where the HTML source has trailing whitespace before the closing tag, the last character of the cell content would be missing.

iSiloX for Windows®:

* Using iSiloX Clipper on a page with IFRAMES may clip just the frame and not the body content or any selected text.
* Removed registration of ShellNew and Printing shell commands.
* From 4.0b1: Invoking the Tools/Make Font command causes a crash in Windows 95/98/Me.
* From 4.0b1: iSiloX Clipper for Internet Explorer crashes when started.
* From 4.0b1: Using Make Font to create a font for HotSync did nothing.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:30 PM   #17
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yep, I've grabbed them and am very happy. The problems I had with beta 1 are all corrected. Now to have a play with the font creation in iSiloX...

Regards,
Craig.
Advert
Old 09-07-2003, 11:42 AM   #18
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
And it is time for iSilo V4.0 Beta 3...

As usual, you can pick the latest beta here!

iSilo V4.0b3 addresses the following issues:

All platforms:
  • From 4.0b1: When opening a menu that is contained within a table, the opened menu may not be aligned with the closed menu.
  • From 4.0b2: Document information form shows 3.x instead of 3.x/4.x
  • From 4.0b2: When re-opening a document, the content may not redisplay properly at the last location and appear blank.
iSilo™ for Palm OS®:
  • When setting the scroll bar to the left and viewing a page with content wider than the screen on high density devices, the horizontal scroll bar's left arrow would be missing.
  • With PGP mobile and enabling the PGP command bar icon option, iSilo's toolbar icons fail to display after invoking the command bar.
  • On Sony Palm OS® 5 Clie's with the virtual silkscreen, the minimized/maximized state of the virtual silkscreen was not being retained across invocations of iSilo.
  • When using Tools/Open File to open a document, the default font size and bold settings would not be used.
  • From 4.0b1: Searching for text finds no occurrence even when the text is present.
  • From 4.0b1: Lossy compressed image may fail to display.
  • From 4.0b1: Tapping on the content of a document whose text encoding is UTF-8 results in a crash.
  • From 4.0b1: Some FontHack fonts would appear to be unusable.
  • From 4.0b2: Scroll bar does not draw properly on Sony Clie devices with Palm OS® 5.
  • From 4.0b2: When using a button assigned to the hyperlinks action to follow a menu link, the Back button on Sony Clie's would no longer perform a back action.
  • From 4.0b2: Crash may result when viewing Details dialog.
  • From 4.0b2: Added support for FontHack databases having multiple fonts.
iSilo™ for Windows®:
  • From 4.0b2: Clicking OK in the Options dialog may cause a crash.
  • From 4.0b2: If iSilo is registered, then when starting iSilo, using Tools/Options, unchecking Free Mode, then clicking OK, a message appears indicating that iSilo will continue in free mode.
  • From 4.0b2: Searching for text would not work.
iSilo™ for Pocket PC:
  • From 4.0b2: When multiple files for one font typeface are installed, only one of the styles may be available.
iSilo™ for Windows® CE Handheld PC:
  • From 4.0b2: When multiple files for one font typeface are installed, only one of the styles may be available.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:45 AM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And where is iSilo, there is iSiloX - also new as V4.0 Beta 3.

Get it from here.

Version 4.0b3 addresses the following issues:

All platforms:
  • The background color specified for an inline element such as <span> would not be inherited by an enclosed element.
    Corrected handling of 1-bit, 2-bit, and 4-bit PNG images that use filters.
  • When performing an HTTP request on other than port 80, the port number was not being sent in the request header line.
  • From 4.0b1: In table cells where the HTML source has trailing whitespace before the closing tag, the last character of the cell content would be missing.
  • From 4.0b2: If the output encoding is set to use the first source file encoding and the first source file encoding is not one of the supported output encodings, then the resulting document would have no content.
iSiloX for Windows®:
  • Using iSiloX Clipper on a page with IFRAMES may clip just the frame and not the body content or any selected text.
  • Removed registration of ShellNew and Printing shell commands.
  • From 4.0b1: Invoking the Tools/Make Font command causes a crash in Windows 95/98/Me.
  • From 4.0b1: iSiloX Clipper for Internet Explorer crashes when started.
  • From 4.0b1: Using Make Font to create a font for HotSync did nothing.
  • From 4.0b2: On Windows® 95/98/Me, the Make Font tool creates blank fonts.
  • From 4.0b2: When using the Properties dialog to change settings without going to the Document properties, the source and destination document encoding settings would be reset to default.
Old 09-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

If you find a new bug, please post it here.
Advert
Old 09-07-2003, 12:02 PM   #21
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
I'm still hoping he adds landscape mode to ISilo for version 4.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:05 PM   #22
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Quote:
"added widescreen UX-50/UX-40 support."
So landscape should be there, at least for the UX series... Wonder if the APIs for Tapwave and T3 are the same, from what I'd heard it's 3 different Landscape APIs...
Old 09-24-2003, 12:15 PM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Time for iSilo/X V4.0 Beta 4, don't you think? Can be found here and here.

iSilo 4.0b4 addresses the following issues (since b3):

All platforms:
From 4.0b3: Lossy compressed images may display garbled.

iSilo™ for Palm OS®:
From 4.0b3: On devices with Palm OS less than 4.0, viewing a document encoded using UTF-8 may cause a crash.
From 4.0b3: On Sony UX series, the state of the virtual Graffiti area would not be retained across invocations of iSilo.
From 4.0b3: Documents with no font sizes specified for the content may display incorrectly when the font size is set to a setting other than Medium.
From 4.0b3: When selecting a font whose name is longer than 31 characters, a crash may result.

iSiloX 4.0b4 addresses the following issues (since b3):

All platforms:
From 4.0b3: In the case where a link is to a page composed of frames, the link would be unresolved.
From 4.0b3: Content received from an HTTP URL without a content type header would not be converted.
From 4.0b3: Option elements in HTML files that are not explicitly closed would result in the generation of multiple menus.

iSiloX for Windows:
From 4.0b3: When the help is open within iSiloX Clipper for Internet Explorer, converting a text file may cause a crash.
From 4.0b3: When changing the Properties for multiple entries, removing a destination may have no effect.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:31 PM   #24
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
I just tried beta 3 and it was very unstable, so I went back to 3.35
Is beta 4 more stable?

-S.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:07 PM   #25
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've had no problems with the stability of any of the betas (running Palm OS version on my Clie T615C), upgrading as each beta is released. I'm generally very happy, except that lossy compressed images take far too long to display on my poor old 33MHz dragonball

Craig.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:02 AM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by stobs
I just tried beta 3 and it was very unstable, so I went back to 3.35
Is beta 4 more stable?
Stobs, you have probably noticed that there were no new features implemented since 4.0 beta 1. This is Darren's way of doing things - release the first beta with new features - release further betas with bugfixes for these new features. So I'd say whatever problems you had before (could you evaluate them in the bug thread?), there is a good chance that they were solved by now.

Greets
Alex
Old 09-25-2003, 04:03 AM   #27
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Hallo,

its the normal way, to have bugs in betas..
I just tried isilo4 shotly (2 days) and had 3 crashes, when switching to another application (I use easylaunch).
As I use isilo very often I don't want to betatest it.

I only wanted to ask if other have the same problem, or if it is perhaps a problem of my system.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Stobs, you have probably noticed that there were no new features implemented since 4.0 beta 1. This is Darren's way of doing things - release the first beta with new features - release further betas with bugfixes for these new features. So I'd say whatever problems you had before (could you evaluate them in the bug thread?), there is a good chance that they were solved by now.

Greets
Alex
Old 09-25-2003, 09:54 PM   #28
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

I have a question about how isilox converts html (MS-Word html to be specific in this case).

As an example, I have a MS Word document, where most of the font is Arial, but some text is in courier new, to preserve space formatting. I saved this file as an html document in Word, then converted it with isilox v4b3.

When I open it in palm version isilo v4b3 or b4, all the text is in the default font. If I go into the Font selection screen, and change Monospace font to Courier new (from fontbucket), it changes ALL the text of the doc to Courier new, not just the monospaced fonts in the doc.

Is this how font support is supposed to work? I assumed the monospaced font selection would change the monospaced fonts to use that font only, but I may be mistaken, or I may be converting the html doc improperly.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Regards,
Craig.

Last edited by cbarnett; 09-25-2003 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:55 PM   #29
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

Has _anyone_ had this problem with isilo and fonts yet??? The silence is deafening!

Craig.

Last edited by cbarnett; 09-29-2003 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:33 AM   #30
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett
Has _anyone_ had this problem with isilo and fonts yet??? The silence is deafening!

Craig.
cbarnett, normally iSiloX should correctly identify monospaced fonts and iSilo should correctly use your monospace font for monospaced text. How does the HTML file look like after you converted the Winword document? Did you try to use the 'save as clean HTML' (I don't remember the exact terminology) option?