Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
RKnack
Enthusiast
RKnack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350 (deceased)
Music on REB1100?

I have noticed a control at the bottom of the screen on my RCA REB1100, and when I touch it I get an onscreen message that says "Coming Soon!" and that in the future it may be possible for my ebook to play music. Is it possible to do so, and if so, how? My ebook version is 2.0.225, BTW.
RKnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnack View Post
I have noticed a control at the bottom of the screen on my RCA REB1100, and when I touch it I get an onscreen message that says "Coming Soon!" and that in the future it may be possible for my ebook to play music. Is it possible to do so, and if so, how? My ebook version is 2.0.225, BTW.
The REB1100 does play 8-bit mono .wav files (see attached image for properties) when embedded in .rb files. This post discussed the EBW1150 having the same hardware "button", but it's use is now for shortcuts and not music .wav files. The EBW1150 has NO speaker to play any sounds where the REB1100 does.

I attach below in the .zip some good test files for sound on the REB1100.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.gif
Views:	597
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	35813  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Audio Demo .rb files.zip (799.9 KB, 579 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert