Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #16
ewayde
ewayde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy No SD Slot on K2?

As much as I am looking forward to my K2, I just realized there seems to be no slot for an SD card. Could this be true? I have a 4GB card in my K1 now.

Wayde
ewayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #17
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewayde View Post
As much as I am looking forward to my K2, I just realized there seems to be no slot for an SD card. Could this be true?
Yes, it is true and widely discussed around here. They bumped up the internal memory and removed the SD option on the Kindle 2.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewayde View Post
As much as I am looking forward to my K2, I just realized there seems to be no slot for an SD card. Could this be true? I have a 4GB card in my K1 now.

Wayde

download the manual to see more information about your Kindle.

They did increase the memory to 2 GK, but I believe your useable is 1.4. Stated by the kindle guru's "thats all thats needed."
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
It will be interesting to see if Igorsk's KindlePid will work on the Kindle2. Any thoughts on why it will or will not?

cheers
I'd be interested to know this too. Hopefully folks will start getting their K2's next week and we'll find out.

I'm kinda interested in a K2, but only if I'll be able to unDRM the azw books I buy. Most/all fiction books are still azw right?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'd be interested to know this too. Hopefully folks will start getting their K2's next week and we'll find out.

I'm kinda interested in a K2, but only if I'll be able to unDRM the azw books I buy. Most/all fiction books are still azw right?
I don't think there is any worry. you can liberate the azw books today I don't see how why the kindle 2 will change that.

KindleFix I guess could be borked, but I bet someone will fix that quickly if it is the case.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #21
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't think there is any worry. you can liberate the azw books today I don't see how why the kindle 2 will change that.

KindleFix I guess could be borked, but I bet someone will fix that quickly if it is the case.

BOb
Just want to be sure I'd be able to pull a PID from it if I bought one.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just want to be sure I'd be able to pull a PID from it if I bought one.
Understood. But, the DRM system and server is probably going to be the same for the K2 and the K1.

Of course, I am always waiting for some first hand reports on this stuff.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #23
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
You can still get the PID if you install MobiPocket Reader 6.0 to your PC. Once it's installed just connect your Kindle (1 or 2) to the PC and MobiPocket Reader will detect it. Click on the device and you can read the PID.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #24
jesse
Connoisseur
jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jesse can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 2
KindlePid works on the K2
jesse is offline   Reply With Quote