Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #14221
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Started watching the TV show. Do you know how far into the books the series goes? I don't want to watch beyond what I have read about.
Season one = Book 1
Season two = Book 2

I believe season three will start deviating from that formula. They plan on taking more than one season to cover book three.

Oops: I see Latinandgreek covered that. That's what I get by replying before looking at the last page of the thread.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #14222
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I finished my Lord of the Rings reread. It made me very happy. I am now reading The Silmarillion. I'm not sure what I'll read after that.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #14223
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon at the moment. Bloody marvellous so far.

After that I've go my next indie read/review lined up - The Whitechapel Gambit by Marcin Wrona. Quite enjoyed the sample so I'm looking forward to it.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #14224
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished the latest Mary Russell Garment of Shadows. As Alan says, exciting and suspenseful and very engaging. All in all, delightful. But now I need to decide what to read next. I've got the latest Webscription bundle which has a couple books of interest here, and I've got a bunch of other stuff in my TBR that I really should give a try to. Ah, well, something will catch my fancy tonight.
So, something completely different. I was poking around my TBR, and noticed that I had a copy of Little Women in there. For some reason, that appeals right now, so I'll start that.

Some interesting facts about Little Women that I really didn't pay any attention to when I read this book as a youth. In 1932, somewhat after the book went out of copyright, the original publisher reported selling more than 1.5 Million copies since 1898, thirty years after the initial publication. More interestingly, in a time when the vast majority of book contracts were simple flat fee contracts, Little Women was a royalty book. Overall, an astonishingly successful and influential book for a far larger audience than simply young girls.

I'm quite looking forward to reading this again, since I certainly remember virtually nothing from the original reading.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #14225
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I'm reading The Black Ice by Michael Connelly. It's the 2nd book in the Harry Bosch series. I really liked the first one (The Black Echo) and this one is just as good. And both were a good price for me, $5.99 each.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #14226
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excellent books, Pookeysgirl. I've read all of the Harry Bosch books, and enjoyed them all. There are a couple in the middle that are maybe a bit weak, but nothing that made me want to stop reading them at any point. Though I suspect it's a series best enjoyed at intervals. I'm not sure how well I'd do with it read in one continuous run.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #14227
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I finished On Basilisk Station last night, my first Honor Harrington novel, and first by David Weber. I enjoyed it enough to bump some other things down and just started The Honor of the Queen.
I finished The Honor of the Queen on Saturday, jumped into Terry Pratchett's The Wee Free Men and finished it yesterday, I really love Pratchett, and am now starting the Wheel of Time Crossroads of Twilight (book 10) in my re-read of the series in prep for the release of the last book next year. I am really glad I started the re-read as early as I did. I was correct in assuming I would burn out if I tried to do a big push all at once. I had over a month off since the last one and I am still having to force myself to read this one. The next will be just as bad, but they should get better after that.

I will definitely be continuing the Honor Harrington series some day, at least the main line, but I want to get some others out of the way first. I have started several new series this year and haven't completed any of them, but that just leaves more for next year.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #14228
Kindoll
Enthusiast
Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I'm reading Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon at the moment. Bloody marvellous so far.
I hope you enjoy it, I thought it was excellent and I've bought most of his other books too.
Kindoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #14229
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Excellent books, Pookeysgirl. I've read all of the Harry Bosch books, and enjoyed them all. There are a couple in the middle that are maybe a bit weak, but nothing that made me want to stop reading them at any point. Though I suspect it's a series best enjoyed at intervals. I'm not sure how well I'd do with it read in one continuous run.
I don't know how many there are in total. I'm going to read the first 3 then take a break and probably go back. I get a little obsessed with reading a series I enjoy and end up going through a lot of money buying them all back to back .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #14230
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Yup. I understand perfectly. Having just saved up Audible credits to buy 11 books in the Liaden Universe by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. All books I'd read, of course, many more than once. But they were just released on Audible, so couldn't resist getting a bunch of them at once. And, of course, devouring them. I'm on book four of the 11. (And as soon as I have more credits, there are 4 more to buy!)
Old 09-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #14231
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
IAnother Agatha Christie next, I think: Sparkling Cyanide, her 44th Crime & Mystery book..
An excellent mystery, although I thought that one of the events was a bit contrived and unlikely.

Next up: probably Harry Potter and the The Prisoner of Azkaban.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #14232
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Completed Storm Front last night. It was again, a real treat! And so today I'll begin Fool Moon. What Fun it is revisiting Harry Dresden!
Wow, really was a kick to read Fool Moon again! Now on to Grave Peril!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #14233
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Wow, really was a kick to read Fool Moon again! Now on to Grave Peril!
I also plan to start Grave Peril tomorrow after I finished my reread of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I've already started Grave Peril three times without finishing it. I read the first two books in Dutch, witch I realy loved. The rest of the series is not available in Dutch and somehow I'm not getting into it as much in English. Anyway, I give it an other go, because I love the Dresden-world.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #14234
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I also plan to start Grave Peril tomorrow after I finished my reread of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I've already started Grave Peril three times without finishing it. I read the first two books in Dutch, witch I realy loved. The rest of the series is not available in Dutch and somehow I'm not getting into it as much in English. Anyway, I give it an other go, because I love the Dresden-world.
Good luck! Hope you enjoy it this time!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #14235
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I just finished reading The Godfather. Wow! Now I'm going back to Harry Potter. Rereading Order of the Phoenix & a first time reading of book 4 of the Fablehaven series.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote