Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #76
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
I've got the same problem with cbr/cbz files. Weither I load them in Itunes or download them from the web, Stanza cannot load the big ones.

Did you jailbreak your iPad ? The Stanza support guy told me that the big comic files I supplied, which crash on my iPad, load fin on his. And the only difference was the jailbreak...

I'm trying to find the threshold at which the comic is too big for Stanza...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #77
Drewmangroup
Drewmangroup began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
I haven't jailbroken my ipad so maybe that's it. The swapping of title and author is annoying though.
Drewmangroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #78
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

No, if you haven't jailbroken your iPad then it's definitively not "it" . Mine is jailbroken, and it cannot load big comics, and Stanza Support Guy's is not, and it can. But your is not jailbroken, and it cannot load big comics neither...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #79
Drewmangroup
Drewmangroup began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Oh my bad, I misunderstood. Maybe its the method of loading, how was the Stanza guy getting the files on the ipad?
Drewmangroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #80
dpierron
calibre2opds guru

He tried both methods, I think.
I'll report this to him
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #81
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I vaguely remember someone asking about whether Stanza maintained Zoom and position levels when turning pages here, but a search didn't turn up anything. Anyways, it looks like Stanza fixed it for PDFs and CBRs.

http://getsatisfaction.com/stanza/to...g_pages_in_pdf

Quote:
Stanza 3.0.3 now retains the zoom level when switching between pages in PDF/CBR files.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, stanza