Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Free: Magic Kingdom for Sale - Sold!, by Terry Brooks

Terry Brooks is best known for his successful Shannara series which, along with Stephen Donaldson, reinvigorated the Epic Fantasy genre back in the late ’70s. Nowadays, The Sword of Shannara gets a bad wrap for being nothing but a rip-off of The Lord of the Rings (which it is, even at the admission of the author), and a not very good one at that (which one could fairly argue, though I don’t agree).

The thing is, most of what Brooks has written outside of The Sword of Shannara has strayed far away from LotR-rip-off territory. His Word and Void trilogy is a masterpiece of dark, Contemporary Fantasy and his Magic Kingdom of Landover series (which has a new volume coming out later this year, A Princess of Landover) is a fun, surprisingly dark series of independent novels.

The first of these novels, Magic Kingdom for Sale - Sold! has just been made available for free download over at the Suvudu Free Library. It might not be for everyone, but I was pleasantly surprised when I gave the series a shot!

You can read/download a PDF of Magic Kingdom for Sale - Sold! HERE. You can also get other versions of the book (Kindle, Sony Reader and Scribd) HERE.

(Quoted from A Dribble of Ink)
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's also available FREE from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O1O71W?...8F8WD1G5CKZFE&

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Don
Is it possible to get it in mobi format for the Cybook ?
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:

Don
I had already given the link for other formats, which include that amazon page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Is it possible to get it in mobi format for the Cybook ?
Unfortunately no, but it's easy to convert.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
For Love of Mother-Not written by Alan Dean Foster is also available!

I consider this Pip and Flinx novel to be one of Mr. Foster's best efforts.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #6
mike_berriman
mike_berriman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Unfortunately no, but it's easy to convert.
Hmmm. Ok - here's a problem. Maybe it's just my brain not working well. I have the Sony 505, but being outside of the US I can't use the Sony Reader software. So I can't get the sony version, because it's jsut a link to the Sony library. I can't get the Kindle version for the same reason.

Which I guess leaves the pdf version and try for the 505 reflow? Is there something I'm missing? This looks like a great site, otherwise.

So what format would you be suggesting that brudigia download to convert to Cybook? I'm pretty good on the convert, but if I can't get a decent format (and pdf doesn't really count) to start with - makes it pretty hard to convert.

Any ideas?
mike_berriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Mike I live in Japan and I just started up the Sony library software, made an account and put that I lived in Canada and then I just downloaded the book no problem. And I don't even have an e-reader! lol
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_berriman View Post
Hmmm. Ok - here's a problem. Maybe it's just my brain not working well. I have the Sony 505, but being outside of the US I can't use the Sony Reader software. So I can't get the sony version, because it's jsut a link to the Sony library. I can't get the Kindle version for the same reason.
Actually, one can semi-use the Sony store even outside of the States. The Sony software will allow anyone to create an account with them - you just can't set up a payment method without a US credit card. But that's ok as the free books DO NOT require a person to have a credit card set up on their account!
I know this works because as a guy who lives across the ditch from you, I have "bought", downloaded and read free books from the sony store
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
mike_berriman
mike_berriman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Actually, one can semi-use the Sony store even outside of the States. The Sony software will allow anyone to create an account with them - you just can't set up a payment method without a US credit card. But that's ok as the free books DO NOT require a person to have a credit card set up on their account!
I know this works because as a guy who lives across the ditch from you, I have "bought", downloaded and read free books from the sony store
Ah - I didn't realise the rules had changed! Thanks heaps! When I first got my reader (18 months ago now) you could not even make an account without a US credit card. So I gave up. I'll give it another try now - I should have thought about it since they are now officially selling Sonys in countries other than the US.
mike_berriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 AM   #10
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:

Don
My Amazon copy is HORRIBLE. Errors all over the place-- "FU" for "I'll," etc. Is is like that on all the MKFS-S ebooks or just the ones downloaded from Amazon?
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbrainbb View Post
My Amazon copy is HORRIBLE. Errors all over the place-- "FU" for "I'll," etc. Is is like that on all the MKFS-S ebooks or just the ones downloaded from Amazon?
Let me know where some of the errors are and I 'll check my Sony store copy....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbrainbb View Post
Same error in Sony version (page 86 of 712, finds it immediate if searched for "FU ")

Edited to add: same error on page 625.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
PDF version doesn't open on my Cybook, too !
And of course the Sony version is an encrypted one (LRX) !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I highly recommend this book. I thought it was a much better series than Sword of Shannara stuff.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Same error in Sony version (page 86 of 712, finds it immediate if searched for "FU ")

Edited to add: same error on page 625.
Learn something new everyday I didn't even know that you could do an in-book search in the elibrary viewer! (Yes, yes, I know... Read the manual.)

Yes, I found that also...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote