Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
Mogrith
Mogrith began at the beginning.

Device: K1,K2, Broken 505,M003(android 1.6)
New Member loves reading

Hi everybody!

I've been reading e-books since the the turn of the century. Mainly html books from Baen books.

I liked the sony 505 until I sat on it and broke the screen.

I'm happy with the kindle and am still converting my existing e-books to .prc/.mobi

See you all in the other forums.

Mogrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Mogrith and happy e-reading, careful where ya sit !
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mogrith and welcome to the Forum.

Good: Reading ebooks on a reader
Bad: Sitting on a reader
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:59 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogrith View Post
Hi everybody!

I've been reading e-books since the the turn of the century. Mainly html books from Baen books.

I liked the sony 505 until I sat on it and broke the screen.

I'm happy with the kindle and am still converting my existing e-books to .prc/.mobi

See you all in the other forums.

Welcome to MobileRead.

I have the perfect way to fix your 505. Swap the screens. That way it will be the Kindle broken and you can go back to happy bliss with the 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome Mogrith. I'm a very satisfied Kindle user.

Biggest down-side to the Kindle is that you don't have to wait until you can connect it to your computer to buy a new book. That means you have to keep tight control of your impulses! Fortunately, there are SO MANY books available for free or for a very reasonable per-book price. Since you read SF, check out the books from Steve Jordan at http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/ He offers one novel as a free download so you can decide whether you like his style or not. Then, the rest of his books are available in bundles with extremely good prices.

I'm plunging into classics that I probably *ought* to have read in the past, but never got around to. It's amazing how many books are available here at MobileRead through the generosity of fellow forum readers (and posters). I'm trying to figure out how to get BookDesigner to behave and then I'll be posting some books as well.

(Note to JSWolf: after holding a PRS505 at Border's, I know that I could have been happy with it if I didn't have the Kindle. Biggest down-side to the Sony is getting recent releases for less than $10 apiece. Amazon appears to have a big advantage there. But, when I have some discretionary funds, I may buy a Sony just because I'm a gadget geek.)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert