Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
latruffe
latruffe began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (623), fw 4.3
PocketBook Touch Lux (623) : various questions

Hello,
new owner of a PocketBook Lux Touch , I have 3 points to deal with, because the official manual is not very detailed as fa as technical questions are concerned :

- With USB connection to a PC , I removed the books from the main memory of my PB. I also added some. Then, out USB connection, I normally used my PB. But some deleted books still appeared in the Library , with a size of -1 MB and were inaccessible. How in this situation resynchronize the Library with what actually exists on the ebook reader ? Is it a flat file , or a real database ( mysql, ... ) that I could manually edit or access ?
Note: since I reset the database from scratch by reformatting the main memory and reimporting my books. But I would like to know how to fix it, in case the issue reappear.

- Some books (in this case with epub format) are displayed with their coverage , and some other not. Previously, with the software "calibre" I had added all the books with its cover. Is there specifications for the image to appear ( png , jpg, ... resolutions , ...)?
Note: If necessary , I can send personal message for an example of two of my books with covers almost the same size but only one is displayed.

- Always using the software "calibre" , I fill in the type of books in the field "Tags". For example , Thriller , Fantasy , ... With a single keyword for each book (I read on a forum that the ebook reader did not manage several labels while calibre allows to fill in several, comma separated ). However, the PB when sorting by Type , only the Thriller type appears. Are there constraints about the values ​​or how to initialize this field ?
Note: I can send a sample by personnal message 2 of my books, only one has a type that appears.

PI : I 'm with firmware 4.3

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Regards
latruffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
slowfax
Connoisseur
slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.slowfax is the One.

Device: miflalmXD
Quote:
Originally Posted by latruffe View Post
... But some deleted books still appeared in the Library , with a size of -1 MB and were inaccessible. How in this situation resynchronize the Library with what actually exists on the ebook reader ?
You can reorganize the library under (translated from German): Settings > Additional Settings > System > Library > Optimize database

Quote:
... Is it a flat file , or a real database ( mysql, ... ) that I could manually edit or access ?
It's an editable database (*.db)

Quote:
... - Some books (in this case with epub format) are displayed with their coverage , and some other not. Previously, with the software "calibre" I had added all the books with its cover.
PB doesn't store the covers separately (as e.g. Sony or Kobo do), but uses the covers, which are included in epubs. Maybe you will have to "modify epubs" in calibre. (There is an add-in with this name.) Included covers will always be shown.

Regards
SF
slowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert