Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
epub "padding left" to mobi "block quote" conversion issue

I have an ePub with 3 em of "padding-left" on a quote item. When I convert to mobi the result is as shown below. Strangely, this works fine when viewed with Kindle app on iPad or iMac, but on a Kindle Touch itself the indent is far too much. Given the code below the Kindle Touch "indent" is 3 times that as the Kindle iPad "indent."

Quote:
<blockquote height="6pt"><blockquote><blockquote width="0pt" align="justify"><font size="2">This is the text</font></blockquote></blockquote></blockquote>
Comments or ideas on how to get consistency across Kindle Touch and Kindle iPad app when converting with Calibre?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Comments or ideas on how to get consistency across Kindle Touch and Kindle iPad app when converting with Calibre?
To be perfectly honest, there's no good way to get any kind consistency with blockquote indentation between the Kindle apps and the Kindle devices... period. Regardless of the program used to build the mobi. The apps just render differently in some areas than the devices.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"padding-left" of 3em works well in my ePubs. Guess I could have an ePub with my 3em of css padding and another ePub copy with a 2em indent, this 2nd ePub used only to produce the mobi which would then have a "compromise" 2 blockquote indent.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer

I might add... I should have trusted the KindlePreviewer app. Instead, I trusted what I saw on my Kindle for iPad app. The Previewer app (on my iMac) gave a much closer representation of an actual Kindle Touch render.