Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Downloading Metadata - couple of questions

1. When downloading Metadata, do you all download the tags too or just use your own. Some of the books have tons of tags.

2. If downloading the tags too, is there a way to also keep your own tags that you have already assigned.

Thanks,
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
1. When downloading Metadata, do you all download the tags too or just use your own. Some of the books have tons of tags.
I download everything except tags. I went to each metadata download plugin and unchecked download tags.

Quote:
2. If downloading the tags too, is there a way to also keep your own tags that you have already assigned.
The downloaded tags do not displace your own existing tags. Your tags are still in place.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 04:51 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I download the tags, but then overwrite with my own value. Quite often I am retrieving data for a book I know absolutely nothing about. I don't like the tags that are in the metadata sources (way too many and inconsistently used) but they do at least give me a hint as to what of my own tags I should overwrite with.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Lazy question: disabling download tags, would I still get Series info ?
Or is that considered a tag ?
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I download everything except tags. I went to each metadata download plugin and unchecked download tags.

The downloaded tags do not displace your own existing tags. Your tags are still in place.
My own tags disappeared when I downloaded the tags. Were they supposed to stay?

Carol
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Lazy question: disabling download tags, would I still get Series info ?
Or is that considered a tag ?
Series info is separate from tags.

Quote:
My own tags disappeared when I downloaded the tags. Were they supposed to stay?

Carol
You're correct.

It has been a long time since I downloaded tags and I recall the original tags staying in place. Downloading tags should not remove existing tags. I would suggest you open a ticket and report this as a bug, find info to report a bug here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Series info is separate from tags.

You're correct.

It has been a long time since I downloaded tags and I recall the original tags staying in place. Downloading tags should not remove existing tags. I would suggest you open a ticket and report this as a bug, find info to report a bug here.
Thanks. I reported the bug.

Carol