Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Kindle Fire whispersync question

Got fire few days ago and would like to give it to my father. Since I have accumulated large amount of content via amazon I would like to leave it on my account but I would like to disable whispersync features on it so it doesnt' interfere with my K4T and Kidle IOS app. I went into settings on amazon website but I can only turn it off globally for all of my devices. So my quesiton is this: can i disable whispersync only on kindle Fire?
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
No, you can't.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

that sucks i saw that option on K4T
Old 11-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Simply turn off WiFi access in the specific device after you have downloaded what you want there.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
kalex
Zealot

Fire without wifi is kind of useless but its an idea. I guess I'll just tell my dad to not hit the sync button and if he does to always say no
Old 11-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalex View Post
that sucks i saw that option on K4T
I don't think you can do this for a K4T?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
kalex
Zealot

It is there. If you go into settings -->Reading options --> Annotation backup. you can turn it off and that will stop automatically backup your device annotations, last page read, and collections.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #8
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Option 1: When you first get the Kindle it will be registered to you. Go in to your Kindle library and send everything to the Fire (or just move it from the Cloud to the Device on the Fire). Then get your dad to register the device with his own account. Then he'll have your backcatalog, though he'll have to buy any future content himself through his own account (probably better that way anyway - those old folks tend to be mooches :P)

Option 2: download all the azw's to your desktop then convert them to mobi using Calibre (with some special add-ons), and transfer them to the Fire via USB. That way your father will have separate copies that won't interfere with your whispersynchage.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
kalex
Zealot

Hmm excellent suggestions weatherman. I'm mainly interested in all the free apps of the day i accumulated. I guess if my dad registers new amazon account those apps will stop working as apps do check themselves against amazon app store every time they start. Another thing i want to do is have him use my prime account for streaming movies but I think i found that option on the amazon website. I think i can share my prime membership with family members. I guess I will tell him not to sync anything under penalty of account revocation

Thanks again