Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by chal61 View Post
@javanmaar: When I frst read Kranu's way to do it, I figured out there would be a smart and cheap way to do it in Linux. You anticipated me.
Thanks both for idea and the bash way, the power of bash and ImageMagick together is truly awesome.
Apologies for doing it the "complicated" way. I'm on Windows, so I wouldn't know how to do it in command line.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #17
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
This is awesome - thanks Kranu. Makes the fantasy pics I've got look legitimate. Thanks to javanmaar and NiLuJe for the terminal technique. Stamped up my pics with no effort =). Thanks!

PS - any chance of getting the size / shape of the stamp image? ie what font you used, what colours, etc? I would like to make (or get =D) stamps with the colours reversed and with the bar at the top of the screen too.

cheers!

Last edited by Tanga; 03-18-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #18
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
This is awesome - thanks Kranu. Makes the fantasy pics I've got look legitimate. Thanks to javanmaar and NiLuJe for the terminal technique. Stamped up my pics with no effort =). Thanks!

PS - any chance of getting the size / shape of the stamp image? ie what font you used, what colours, etc? I would like to make (or get =D) stamps with the colours reversed and with the bar at the top of the screen too.

cheers!
I just picked an official screensaver with good contrast and extracted the stamp from the image. If you have Photoshop/GIMP, you can just open the stamp file and edit it there
Old 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #19
Fade to Black
Fade to Black began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
This will be a great touch to add, thanks for the tutorial!
Fade to Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #20
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
This will be a great touch to add, thanks for the tutorial!
No problem. Glad you like it!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
Freakstone
Freakstone is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Uk Wifi
I used a freeware tool for this, can't remember the one I used but I'll find it when I'm on my work laptop tomorrow. However, I just found another freeware tool (for personal use) for Windows users, TSR Watermark which, after a quick test now, does the job pretty well.

I actually took this a step further and double stamped my images with name/phone no at the top and the slide to wake at the bottom, as the Kindle doesn't allow anyone who finds a password protected device to access the personal info making the personal info kind of a pointless feature unless you leave your Kindle non-password protected, which seems a bit dumb to me. Just a suggestion for anyone looking to stamp their own images.
Freakstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
kranu
I <3 my Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakstone View Post
I used a freeware tool for this, can't remember the one I used but I'll find it when I'm on my work laptop tomorrow. However, I just found another freeware tool (for personal use) for Windows users, TSR Watermark which, after a quick test now, does the job pretty well.

I actually took this a step further and double stamped my images with name/phone no at the top and the slide to wake at the bottom, as the Kindle doesn't allow anyone who finds a password protected device to access the personal info making the personal info kind of a pointless feature unless you leave your Kindle non-password protected, which seems a bit dumb to me. Just a suggestion for anyone looking to stamp their own images.
Yes, I too wonder what the point of the "Personal Info" is. It should be that when you press the 5-way Up during the password prompt, the Kindle should display that information. Or at least make it easily accessible in some way. A person with no experience on the Kindle would not know where to find that Personal Info section.

I also stamped each of my pictures with my information. However, I did not include that in this post because I did not think that it would be useful to the users here. Most of the people who use this are actually just using the "stamp" and not the Photoshop Action. To provide a Photoshop Action file to add personal information would not be helpful. Plus, my action is customized for myself, and it is not easy to change the width/height of the box and edit the text.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #23
Freakstone

As an added suggestion, stamp your name and mobile/cell number with the international code so if you lose your Kindle and it's password protected (sensible if on holiday/vacation) then whoever finds it can call you.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakstone View Post
As an added suggestion, stamp your name and mobile/cell number with the international code so if you lose your Kindle and it's password protected (sensible if on holiday/vacation) then whoever finds it can call you.
or ring your house to find out if your home...

twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

Might be better to put one of the in-laws phone numbers on the screen saver.

Let them deal with any unexpected visitors.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

And if you ARE "sensibly on vacation", that would give them PLENTY of time to clean (out) your house for you. You didn't really want all that old (and new) crap cluttering up your house anyway, right?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #27
Freakstone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
And if you ARE "sensibly on vacation", that would give them PLENTY of time to clean (out) your house for you. You didn't really want all that old (and new) crap cluttering up your house anyway, right?
OMG, guys. Thank you so much you so much for your concerned warnings. You know, I hadn't considered any of these risks and I'm terrified now. How fortunate that I only put my name and mobile number on my screen saver images, and not my home address, home phone number and vacation dates as well, otherwise what you've suggested might actually be a slight risk when I'm on vacation abroad. You have my eternal gratitude.