Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #16
jeremy_ahn
Banned
jeremy_ahn began at the beginning.

Device: any
i like the idea of digital reading that does not strain the eyes. i wish i could afford an ebook reader.

i wish the amazon kindle was available at wal-mart. wal-mart is the new sanctuary of this young century. does anyone think apple will top the kindle?
jeremy_ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #17
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
The display glasses are older than I thought:

http://uncertaintimes.tumblr.com/pos...ats-none-other
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #18
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
what none of them have done well yet is let you see thru them while still being able to put a img on the screen.
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #19
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose_Appeal View Post
I too also daydream an era in which companies put a lot of features, don't mark up the price, and get no Return on Investment for their Investors when they sell their products.
Read any Ayn Rand lately?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #20
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Well, here's the solar panel:

http://pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/pcw.nsf...25764C007145FF
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #21
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
To be honest I believe the OLPC XO is already an almost perfect OEPC as well. And I predict that as the costs come down eventually we will see more child-oriented laptops that can double as ebook readers. The advantage of this over a dedicated device is that kids could also use it for their homework... a fact I think is more likely to attract parents, and make them seem like less of a luxury item with low income families (or even developing nations).
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote