Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #46
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
What about those of us who have no desire to have wireless? Are we going to be forced to buy features we have no need/desire for? Dammit. I love the 505. I just pray my 505 lasts for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time...

Sayhello
As useful as others find it to be, I've found Calibre to be optional as well as all other formats besides EPUBs and LRFs. My 505 will last as long as my computer will recognize it and I can download those formats.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #47
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I barged into a Sony Store yesterday and demanded to know what was up with the 505/700. All the staff claimed to know nothing. They had the 700 as well as red, silver and blue 505's for sale.

Still, I recall the same thing with the 500 back in 07.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #48
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I barged into a Sony Store yesterday and demanded to know what was up with the 505/700. All the staff claimed to know nothing. They had the 700 as well as red, silver and blue 505's for sale.

I think your approach was going in the right direction, next time take a couple of more Heavy Set guys with sunglasses on and demand they tell you the TRUTH , of course they may claim they don't know anything, but ask to speak to manager. Tell them word on the street is sony's being taken down by the market leader.

I'm not sure it will work, but you seem like you might be able to pull it off.

We need someone , higher up in sony , a disgruntled employee to take pictures of the new sony product. We got pictures of the prototype of amazon kindle 2 . Hopefully someone on this site , is better connected to sony employee who knows someone who knows someone who knows the TRUTH. Keep searching.

Why is sony being so secretive about the new model?
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #49
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post

I walked into my local sonystyle store yesterday to purchase a 2 year extention to my warranty.

They were selling, and had in stock, the PRS-505 silver and red models.

The PRS-700 display only had the end of a security cable.

I asked the clerk about the PRS-700 and he said they were out of stock. I questioned him on the rumours that both models were being discontinued. His vague response was that "models are often discontinued when newer versions are released", which revealed little and I questioned no further.

I was assured that if, under warranty, my PRS-700 needed to be replaced, it would be replaced with the same model or one of equal or better value if the same model was unavailable.

WetDogEared.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #50
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Slightly I was just browsing around the Sony eBook Store through my eBook Library and noticed that when I click on a single book, I get the message: "Sorry, the eBook Store is currently unavailable. Please try again soon.", but when I click on a book bundle, I don't get that message - the store is accessible.

Strange.

Have no idea if that means anything or not. Maybe they're doing site maintenance but if that were the case I'm sure that's what the message would read.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #51
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Slightly I was just browsing around the Sony eBook Store through my eBook Library and noticed that when I click on a single book, I get the message: "Sorry, the eBook Store is currently unavailable. Please try again soon.", but when I click on a book bundle, I don't get that message - the store is accessible.

Strange.

Have no idea if that means anything or not. Maybe they're doing site maintenance but if that were the case I'm sure that's what the message would read.
I'm not having that problem on the website. If I get off my lazy butt I'll check on my other computer with the library on it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #52
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
Hopefully someone on this site , is better connected to sony employee who knows someone who knows someone who knows the TRUTH. Keep searching.
The TRUTH is out there! (Reminds me of the x-Files)!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #53
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
The TRUTH is out there! (Reminds me of the x-Files)!
Perhaps the new model will come out in Alien Grey
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #54
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'm not having that problem on the website. If I get off my lazy butt I'll check on my other computer with the library on it.

The same thing didn't happen when I browsed the site "outside" of the Sony Library (at the same time.) It only happened while browsing "using" the Library. But like I said . . . just with single books, any single book, but not on bundles. It lasted for an hour or so (that I was aware of), then was back to normal. Maybe just a hiccup in the system. All seems back to normal. So just ignore me. Turned out to be nothing.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #55
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The tidbits of incomplete information, questions, rumors, speculation, sure-fire gut reactions - what great fun! I only wish this kind of thing happened here all the time. Oh, wait! It does!

Personally, I think Sony's getting ready to come out with a new line just for toddlers - the Teletubbies Tome - and I'm gonna get a Tinky Winky one.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #56
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Personally, I think Sony's getting ready to come out with a new line just for toddlers - the Teletubbies Tome - and I'm gonna get a Tinky Winky one.

Well, it's key to get 'em hooked young!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote