Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How many books do you expect you'll read this year?
I don't read books. I come to Mobile Read for the fascinating conversations about Apple and Google. 5 1.86%
Probably about 25. 27 10.04%
Maybe about 50. 91 33.83%
I'm thinking about 100. 51 18.96%
More than 100, easily. Probably less than 1,000 though. 65 24.16%
I always aim for 365 books precisely. Whether I'll make it is anyone's guess. 2 0.74%
I think the idea of counting books is flawed and pointless, and I will probably derail this thread to say so repeatedly. 16 5.95%
None of these options are right for me, but I like voting. I want a bucket of kittens. 47 17.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #46
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
50. That's what I read last year as well
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #47
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I went for the kittens option (again). I've no idea how many books I'll read, a "reading goal" mentality seems an alien concept to me
Hardly a reading goal - just a enquiry for an estimate.
You're just angling for some puppies, aren't you....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #48
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Excellent, only a bucket of puppies could possibly have been better

Edited to add: I honestly posted that before I read carpetmojo's very insightful post..... ↑

Honestly.

I am busted though.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 01-27-2012 at 06:20 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #49
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Probably around a hundred.
That is if my kittens, the blue ones next to the fish, allow me!
And I am bunny!
Asawi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #50
Pax
Zealot
Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Sony PRS 650
Quality before Quantity...
Last year I read about 15 books, this year I will maybe read about 10 good books.
Pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #51
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
I think I have already read about 30 or so books (and I avoid novellas, I want a book to be at least 300 pages). I guess I´m a fast reader with a lot of time LOL.

Clara
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #52
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
I hearby donate a bucket of puppies to this noble venture!

Who's up for donating a bucket of gerbils?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bucket-of-puppies.jpg
Views:	3325
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	81768  
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #53
ClairePMR
Groupie
ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ClairePMR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Color, Kindle, EB1150, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Surface Pro 2017
I checked 100+ books. I read a little over 200 last year, and at least that many for the past several years. Can't see that pace changing any. I'd rather read than sleep or eat, or just about anything else. My digital plus pbook library stands at about 11,000 titles, and grows daily! If I could only figure out a way to get paid to do nothing but read!!!!
ClairePMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #54
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
I hearby donate a bucket of puppies to this noble venture!
OMG CUTE.

Love the paw-in-the-mouth.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #55
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
I thought they did the watering until their a little older at least
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
You have to water them daily, you know.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
Who's up for donating a bucket of gerbils?
Will hamsters do?

(edited to do as attachment instead of direct link)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2388654366_04f316b5fb.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	81776  
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #57
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Can I have puppies instead of kittens?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #58
Jewitch
Bukh libhober
Jewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the partyJewitch brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Kobo Touch
I'm a retired non-driver. I read every where. I'll read until my eyes pop out in pain.

In fact, I should be doing laundry or painting the guest room. Instead, I'm surfing the web, looking for free books.
Jewitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #59
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Just don't add a new poll asking which is the cutest bucket in this thread....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Just don't add a new poll asking which is the cutest bucket in this thread....
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote