Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
sithpuppet
sithpuppet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Question PRS-650: Clock / Time / Date display?

Looked through this forum and the manual but couldn't seem to find anything about this. As there is a Time / Date setting on the reader, is there a way to actually have the time and/or date display on the bottom (where the page # and battery level is displayed)?

Or have I just missed it somewhere?

Last edited by sithpuppet; 10-08-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: posted incomplete
sithpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
While reading a book, if you press the "Options" hardware button, the time will be displayed momentarily at the bottom of the screen.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
sithpuppet

That'll work for my needs, thanks!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Or you can use this for a clock that is always displayed in the status bar.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
That link leads to a Russian language site. They talk a lot about Russification and Russian fonts. Does the Reader still have an English language option after flashing with this firmware?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Personally there's no need to flash the firmware just to get a permanent clock on the status bar. I'm comfortable with the Options button.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Have they actually hacked the firware for the 350 and 650?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Have they actually hacked the firware for the 350 and 650?
Looks like they have the russified firmware for the 350 and 650 available.

To respond to an earlier questions, if you put the russian firmware on the reader, russian language support is an option. The original language is still english and all menus will be in english.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Looks like they have the russified firmware for the 350 and 650 available.

To respond to an earlier questions, if you put the russian firmware on the reader, russian language support is an option. The original language is still english and all menus will be in english.
Yes, it replaces the Dutch language option with Russian; English is unaffected. So if English is your language; if you ride a bike and the landscape is especially flat.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
sithpuppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Personally there's no need to flash the firmware just to get a permanent clock on the status bar. I'm comfortable with the Options button.
Ditto. Seriously folks, while I'm all for personalizing one's electronics, flashing the FW is overkill. Don't fix what ain't broken
Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
If I want to know what time it is, and I know where on the device to focus as I push the Options button, I have enough time to read the info -- having it there full time would actually be distracting.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
pclewis
Enthusiast
pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.pclewis is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I just look at my watch as I have done for the last 60 years or so.
pclewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #13
ShellShock
Wizard

When I am reading in bed, my wife will lean over and look at the screen; at first I thought she was interested in what I was reading, but no...she is checking the time!
Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #14
Isidar
Isidar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Touch T1
Hi Guys,

I tried the option with pushing the "OPTIONS" button, but there is no clock appearing, I am using the spanish language option ... could it be a reason ... not really.
Do I do something wrong?

bye
Isidar
Isidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isidar View Post
Hi Guys,

I tried the option with pushing the "OPTIONS" button, but there is no clock appearing, I am using the spanish language option ... could it be a reason ... not really.
Do I do something wrong?

bye
Isidar
The clock is only displayed when the Options menu is. It does not persist, unless you flash the Russian firmware.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote