Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Question Regarding Resizing of CBR/CBZ Files?

Hi guys...

I am trying to figure a way to resize CBR/CBZ files. I have an old (and by that I mean OLD) comic reader over here. I will get a new one eventually, but until then, I have found that some of my files have images that are too big (or too high resolution?) to load.

What I am looking for is way to take a single CBR/CBZ file and decrease the size/resolution of the individual files within it. I have looked at a lot of programs here. I do recall doing something similar with Maga2Ebook long ago, but from what I understand by my recent reading, this program does not work with Windows 7 x64, which is what I now have.

Is there a program that can do this for me? Note that the reader is SO OLD, that I have to extract the CBR file into folders with the JPG images in them. But that is super easy. Is there an easy way to resize? *Blink*
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
In Linux, I'd use ImageMagick's "mogrify", or just a bash loop... In Windows... maybe IrfanView has batch processing capabilities?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
pvdv
Enthusiast
pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
I would use XnView myself, in your situation. It has batch processing and you can save the processing "chain" to a file, so next time it is there for you to load and run with a few mouseclicks.

Regarding your problem: it may make sense to resize the images to the specific screen width or height of your reading device. I myself usually resize the images so that the width is equal to my reader's height (bebook NEO) and then read the comic with my reader in landscape position. This method suits me well when the comic has an a4 or letter format.
For comics that already have proportions that resemble my reader (manga for instance), I resize the image so that the width is equal to my readers width, and read the comic with the reader in portrait position.

(I do my processing with a (customized) manga2pdf-v4.5.2 Linux-script I found on this very forum, but you don't have Linux)
pvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I think this is the easiest software there is for that:

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/image_resizer/

I use it always when I want to resize image files in bulk.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote