Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
moon_cat
moon_cat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.moon_cat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.moon_cat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.moon_cat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.moon_cat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-700, NOOK 3G
nook without wireless connection...

I got a nook, however, I happen to be what some may call, far from civilization... or at least, far from a wifi signal or att hotspot or a barnes and noble or the US... Right now, I have access to the internet and BN.com through work, but no wifi. I can buy and download ebooks from BN.com, and I can even put them on my nook without any real problems (sideloaded).

My question is this- is there anyway to put the BN.com purchased items in the BN library folder on the nook? So far, what I have found is that there doesn't seem to be a way. All the downloaded books are in epub format, while the books that are already loaded on my nook are in pdb. It looks like this isn't anything that BN even considered since it isn't even addressed in the user manual- and for 99% of US users, it wouldn't be a big deal (I am a US user, just kind of out of the country for a while).

The nook is registered to the account that I purchased books with, so that isn't a problem.

It isn't a huge deal, just a nice to have kind of thing! If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, get them out there!

Thanks!
moon_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
No way that I know of. The "my B&N downloads" folder on the NOOK is controlled by the wireless download software.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert