Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Mobi files lose page-numbering when not transferred via Calibre

I sometimes use Dropbox to download Calibre-converted Mobi files to my Kindle, especially when traveling. But I noticed that the page-numbering feature (enabled on all Mobi files that pass through Calibre) is disabled unless I transfer the file direct from Calibre via usb.

It's not a huge issue for me, but it would be nice to have this feature enabled when transferring without Calibre. What am I missing...?
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The page numbers are stored in an auxiliary file (APNX). This file is generated by calibre when using send to device and sent to the Kindle along with the book. The page numbers are not stored anywhere and need to be calculated from the MOBI itself. The only way to have page numbers on the Kindle without using send to device is to create a the APNX yourself and put it on the Kindle with the MOBI.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The page numbers are stored in an auxiliary file (APNX). This file is generated by calibre when using send to device and sent to the Kindle along with the book. The page numbers are not stored anywhere and need to be calculated from the MOBI itself. The only way to have page numbers on the Kindle without using send to device is to create a the APNX yourself and put it on the Kindle with the MOBI.
Thanks for the quick reply. I found an APNX Generator plugin here on mobileread and it worked just fine to create an apnx for the accompanying mobi I wanted to send to my Kindle via wi-fi. Unfortunately, Kindle will only allow readable (i.e. mobi, azw, pdf, etc.) files to be downloaded to the device.

Oh well, at least now I know. Thank you once again.

Last edited by markpearl; 09-30-2011 at 10:10 AM.
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote