Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
topaz to html or ePub?

anyone have any idea how to convert a .tpz file for a Sony to read?

when I google I find methods that involve stripping the DRM off and then converting using some python scripts.

But this file does not have DRM. I've tried using those scripts with no luck.

Any help would be very appreciated.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
anyone have any idea how to convert a .tpz file for a Sony to read?

when I google I find methods that involve stripping the DRM off and then converting using some python scripts.

But this file does not have DRM. I've tried using those scripts with no luck.

Any help would be very appreciated.
I have never seen a non-encrypted Topaz file! Are you sure?
If so, I think someone could modify the Topaz tools to skip the decrypt stage and make the tools work.

You might want to ask on the DarkRever's New Blog to see if it can be done after double-checking that their is NO encryption on the Topaz file and that it really is a Topaz file (ie. it has TPZ0 at the top of the file when viewed in any text editor).
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
vndnguyen
vndnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
removed

Last edited by vndnguyen; 02-18-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Removed direct link to DRM removal tool
vndnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
removed

Last edited by KevinH; 12-15-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: no longer needed
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Never mind.

Last edited by Catlady; 12-30-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: solved my own problem!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert