Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
looking for hack to turn off ereader

I have used the hacks here to change fonts, and other stuff , but I haven't seen hack to turn the unit off completely.
Is there one. The top button only puts the device in standby, which I love. I would like a one button HOLD down , maybe using the volume button, to turn the device OFF completely.
I have to go into to lots of menu's to get the device shutdown and looking for short cut.
Thanks

p.s. I just found out there is a option for it on in version 1.04 of prs customizer . Center joystick/volume.

Last edited by richman; 07-23-2009 at 09:27 AM.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
As I suggested in my previous post, I believe that pressing and holding the power switch for a few seconds will do a shutdown on the 505. Try it and see.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As I suggested in my previous post, I believe that pressing and holding the power switch for a few seconds will do a shutdown on the 505. Try it and see.
No, holding the power switch doesn't work to turn it off. But I just loaded the prs customizer and made it so if I hold the center of joypad it will shut it down. It works, just tried it. You have option to use volume pad or joypad to turn off prs or you could check both I guess and use either one. I just used the joypad option.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
And there still is the option of shutting down by using the tools menu... No customisation of firmware flashing needed...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
PRSCustomizer

Quote:
PRSCustomizer enhances your Sony Reader
with these optional features:

* Localization: 12 predefined languages
* Unicode fonts with Cyrillic/Eastern European Support
* User-defined fonts
* Uniform font size for menus
* Multiple Iconsets (currently 4) or add your own
* One-key shutdown (Joypad center key / Volume keys)
* Personalized About Screen (Name,Telephone,Email)
* Joypad page forward
* Volume key page turns
* Volume key history navigation
* Circle pad history navigation
* Turn off right justification for BBeB books
* Disable number keys when reading
* Clock (24/12 hr)
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote