Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
snapshot 20090326

New snapshot is out. This one does not feature user-visible changes, but instead work was focused on updating the buildsystem and system packages.

Since now OpenInkpot is based on newly created generic-purpose embedded distribution IPlinux, which is kind of successor for Slind. Due to this change, all the packages in distrubution were rebuilt and most of them were upgraded to latest available versions.

Due to massive changes in the underlying software there may be regressions, so please test the snapshot and report any bugs encountered.

Documentation:
* Users' Guide
* Installation Guide

Downloads
Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
gmvasco
Enthusiast
gmvasco will become famous soon enoughgmvasco will become famous soon enoughgmvasco will become famous soon enoughgmvasco will become famous soon enoughgmvasco will become famous soon enoughgmvasco will become famous soon enough

Thanks, will try today!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
motorhead
motorhead began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Will my bookmarks disappear if I update from the previous version to this one?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Will my bookmarks disappear if I update from the previous version to this one?
Yes. You should backup all data located in /home directory and put it back after update. For example, the bookmarks are stored in /home/.FBReader/bookmarks.xml
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
motorhead
motorhead began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
Yes. You should backup all data located in /home directory and put it back after update. For example, the bookmarks are stored in /home/.FBReader/bookmarks.xml
Will do. And thanks for all your hard work.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
How can I download and test openinkpot in an emulator, is there one? I have ordered my Hanlin V3 but it is still on its way.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

No way.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
pfote
pfote began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook V3 512MB
when i remove the SD (and possibly change files on it) and put it back into my bebook, madshelf doesn't read it's contents back, it displays the SD as empty. switching to internal storage and back to the SD doesn't help
i think that has worked before.

Hardware is a bebook aka hanlin v3, 512mb version. snapshot 20090326, booted from SD (life version). is it ok to post bugs here or should i better get a login at the trac on openinkpot.org?
Old 04-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #9
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfote View Post
when i remove the SD (and possibly change files on it) and put it back into my bebook, madshelf doesn't read it's contents back, it displays the SD as empty. switching to internal storage and back to the SD doesn't help
i think that has worked before.
There's timeout (in hardware) - 5-6 seconds, try to put the SD back a bit slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfote View Post
Hardware is a bebook aka hanlin v3, 512mb version. snapshot 20090326, booted from SD (life version). is it ok to post bugs here or should i better get a login at the trac on openinkpot.org?
Heh. Live should just hang as soon as you remove the SD, and it is even mentioned in installation instructions :-P

Anyway, if you find another bugs, please put them to the Trac.