Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
trevormorse
Enthusiast
trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Bookstyle Cover

Just realized while trying to use my Vox in a bright room that the Bookstyle Cover actually covers the light sensor on the Vox and therefore the auto brightness will not work properly. Just thought I would give anyone else considering buying one a heads up
trevormorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hmm good point, will think about that when i buy a cover.

Any good suggestions where to get a reasonably prices good cover?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Got mine at Coles in Montréal for 29.99$
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Thanks, I'll have a look at the Coles and Chapters here in Edmonton tomorrow.
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
where is it located? I'm assuming somewhere in the bezel...
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
trevormorse
Enthusiast
trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Top of the bezel, right around the on/off/charging light indicator.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
trevormorse
Enthusiast

estelle58: Was it something other then a Bookstyle cover? That's all they had at my local Chapters.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cool, thanks...

and for those who want to take a look at different cases:

http://stores.ebay.ca/senyx-direct/K...=p4634.c0.m322

Last edited by Psyke; 10-31-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #9
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevormorse View Post
estelle58: Was it something other then a Bookstyle cover? That's all they had at my local Chapters.

mine is a a Bookstyle cover but they also had sleeves
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
trevormorse
Enthusiast

Will have to go back tonight and see if they have sleeves!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Is this the same one as the book style covers on the Chapters website? They are $40 on there, so just wondering why yours is cheaper? Maybe there are more at the store vs. online?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #12
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
cool, thanks...

and for those who want to take a look at different cases:

Link doesn't work - but is this the hard case? I may be interested in this one, because I like holding the Vox without a cover, but would like something to protect it in for travel...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Is this the same one as the book style covers on the Chapters website? They are $40 on there, so just wondering why yours is cheaper? Maybe there are more at the store vs. online?

Yes, it's the same
Old 10-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #14
Psyke
Evangelist

Quote:
Link doesn't work - but is this the hard case? I may be interested in this one, because I like holding the Vox without a cover, but would like something to protect it in for travel...

sorry about that; I fixed the link:

Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #15
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Quote:
I know from testdriving my DIL's Kobo Touch that I prefer holding a device without a cover too so I decided on a sleeve and ordered a "Belkin Pleated Kindle Sleeve" from Amazon.ca on Friday and it arrived today. It's just under $20 in plum or coral and it's gorgeous. There's even an exterior pocket to hold adapters or whatever. I chose a purple one to go with my soon-to-be-delivered black Vox.

There's also a black version available on eBay.ca for just under $15US including shipping but it will probably take longer to arrive.

Update: My Vox arrived and everything fits into the sleeve as I hoped but it's quite snug.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plum pleated sleeve.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	78465   Click image for larger version

Name:	coral pleated sleeve.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	78466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black pleated cover.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	78467  

Last edited by moolyn; 11-02-2011 at 06:24 PM.
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote