Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
romnempire
romnempire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
.mp3 and .aa files?

i know audible audio files are proprietary, but when playing .mp3 audiobooks on the kindle, I keep wishing I could insert metadata, as in chapter headers and book data into the file. is it possible to do this with an mp3? if not, is there a way to generate .aa files from mp3s?
romnempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by romnempire View Post
i know audible audio files are proprietary, but when playing .mp3 audiobooks on the kindle, I keep wishing I could insert metadata, as in chapter headers and book data into the file. is it possible to do this with an mp3? if not, is there a way to generate .aa files from mp3s?
mp3 does have some metadata.

I'm interested in the same thing, however it seems my kindle wifi only displays some of the ID3v1 tags in th audible folder:

title - Shown as the title left aligned (instead of filename).
artist - Shown right aligned (as author)
year - Shown when displaying book info.
genre - not shown
track number - not shown
album - not shown.

You can edit this info in most mp3-players.

Now what I would like to have known is how to create aax files from mp3, with even more usefull metadata.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote