Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
Found a great deal on Kobo touch -35£

Ok, so I have been procrastinating and wasting time searching and researching until I found this on a deal site, I called asda and in my local store they do the white ones for 35. Reserved one. What do you think? Should I, or I'll regret? Considering the price, now I could save money and buy a tablet as well, or whatever. Currently retails at 70£ so I say is a good deal.
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I say get it; they are still selling at $99 everywhere... And it's not being discontinued by Kobo.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got it, didn't opened it yet, lol I studied ereaders so much that I am not enthusiastic to unbox it yet. A thought passed through my mind, tell me if it's a good idea, if I sell it for 60, and then buy a second hand white prs t1 at 75£, would it be a good idea?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashan View Post
I got it, didn't opened it yet, lol I studied ereaders so much that I am not enthusiastic to unbox it yet. A thought passed through my mind, tell me if it's a good idea, if I sell it for 60, and then buy a second hand white prs t1 at 75£, would it be a good idea?
It's a lot of messing about. The T1 is nicer than the KT, but not _that_ much nicer. And depends where you are. T1's are not cheap in the UK. and it's used... The KT is an alright device. The only major advantage of the T1 over it is that it is Android and can be rooted. I do think the KT is quite a bit slower than the T1, but so what. You not going to use it to watch videos. At 35 quid, you got the KT at a steal. But sure, sell it if you like. Personally I'd want a Kobo Glow. Though I still prefer Sony. Just.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
ashan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
It's a lot of messing about. The T1 is nicer than the KT, but not _that_ much nicer. And depends where you are. T1's are not cheap in the UK. and it's used... The KT is an alright device. The only major advantage of the T1 over it is that it is Android and can be rooted. I do think the KT is quite a bit slower than the T1, but so what. You not going to use it to watch videos. At 35 quid, you got the KT at a steal. But sure, sell it if you like. Personally I'd want a Kobo Glow. Though I still prefer Sony. Just.
Thanks, yes indeed, it is a lot of messing around. I too like the glo the t2 and the "dream paperwhite" so now on second thought let this kobo be my first ereader, what we all are interested is the e ink screen, as long as it displays book it's ok. Then android I have on my phone (smartphone), web browser as well, mp3 etc.

So enough with dilemmas, time to read
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Sounds like you've made a good decision. The Kobo Touch isn't perfect but it's still pretty good, it's only a year old so it's not like you are buying an old, slow, out-of-date bit of equipment, and for £35 it's an absolute bargain.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote