Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
danpeer
danpeer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
kindle synchronization

When I click on "device" "show books in main memory of device" I see books that are on my kindle. Some of them have a green checkmark next to them to indicate they are in the main library. I go to one of the ones that are not in my main library, right click on it, and select "add books to library" and I get "books with the same title ... already exist in the database. Add them anyway?". So what's going on - either they are in the main library or they are not?!?!? If they are, why don't I see the checkmark? If I agree to add them anyway, I end up with duplicates on my main library! I have the latest version of Calibre - I always keep it completely up-to-date.
This may have something to do with the metadata - and if so, is there an easy way to force the metadata between these 2 lists to synchronize, without wasting a lot of time comparing all the items in it one by one and fixing them to be the same?
danpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
My thought is to start from scratch. Delete everything off the Kindle, and move all of your books in Calibre to the Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 02:24 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
This does pre-suppose you've kept all the downloads ....?!
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your post has nothing to do with News.

Thread moved.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, synchronization