Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #16
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
I actually like this suggestion.

When I want to read my Amazon stuff on my PC, I always set Kindle for PC to white text on black. Interesting to see Madam Broshkina's images of the earlier device - it would be worth going back to those 'slow K3 page refresh in the sun' threads to have a look at what the contrast of the page-flash is like.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #17
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
I actually like this suggestion.

When I want to read my Amazon stuff on my PC, I always set Kindle for PC to white text on black. Interesting to see Madam Broshkina's images of the earlier device - it would be worth going back to those 'slow K3 page refresh in the sun' threads to have a look at what the contrast of the page-flash is like.
the contrast is high.

Just pause youtube kindle 3 page turn demo reviews.

also the reason the page turns are slow is just to balls expansion.

when things get hot they expand or get bigger.

i noticed the display all most stuttered after reading in direct sunlight today when took it near a sunlit window.

you can simulate it by holding a heater near by or a hair dryer.

i think it is as if almost as if extra power or power boost was required.it seems to be a 2 stage refresh for the balls to spin and turn.

bigger balls have more friction with adjacent balls and more power is required to spin the balls.i wonder if they lubricated the balls on the outside with a hi -tech space age ultra low viscosity oil the balls have less friction?

i urge everyone to band together and bombard amazon with a request for this vital feature.It is just a polarity inversion of the bi phasic controller.

Last edited by vugtitan; 10-03-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: balls,afterthought,idea,rejoinder thoughts
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
My balls are spinning optimally.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You could simulate this in a couple of ways:
1) take screenshots (Shift+ALT+G) and use a photo editor to reverse B & W. Then put the edited screenshots into a subfolder in the /pictures folder and view full screen with the picture viewer
2) author a PDF document with white text on black background, and open it on Kindle.

Typographical experience from print would suggest that white text on dark background needs to have thicker strokes to improve readability due to how visual perception works. So simply reversing black and white is probably not going to be as readable.

that is WAY TOO MUCH WORK! for no profit.

it is best if we tell amazon to put this in.it is just a simple polarity inversion.

other ebooks have it.why not amazon?

we as a customer and consumer have a right to demand this option.it is just a simple polarity inversion of the drive circuits.

i wish someone would produce this as the source code has been released.

i wonder i if could this myself by searching for the display driver and put a - in front of it?
Old 10-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
My balls are spinning optimally.
But are they lubricated with a high-tech space-age ultra-low-viscosity oil?

I can't imagine Amazon wanting to make inverted eink an option unless it met their quality standards: i.e. was as free of ghosting and easy-on-the-eye as non-inverted.

Although I doubt we're really missing out by not having this option, there's a part of me that would be interested in seeing how a hack like this works with contemporary tech.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #21
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richey79 View Post
But are they lubricated with a high-tech space-age ultra-low-viscosity oil?

I can't imagine Amazon wanting to make inverted eink an option unless it met their quality standards: i.e. was as free of ghosting and easy-on-the-eye as non-inverted.

Although I doubt we're really missing out by not having this option, there's a part of me that would be interested in seeing how a hack like this works with contemporary tech.

ghosting does not happen with white letting as the black is really black and ghosting cannot happen as this is not a thin tv picture but a solid picture such that the density of black is high.

we must have all the options possible and i urge a group to band trogether as kindle brothers and sisters and petition amazon for it.

i already have.urged them.

Tags
black, cupholders on kindle, ivory, microcapsules!, negative, silly ideas, tiring, white, windex