Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Getting

calibre, version 0.9.27
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: Unable to locate a plugin zip file for <b>Temp Marker</b>

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=126281

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #32
barny
barny began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & kindle
Thanks for incorporating my extensions - I've removed the attachment from my post. My version was/is working for me, maybe I uploaded the wrong version of the zip file. I'm a novice at plugin development is my only excuse.

Regards
barny
barny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BetterRed - thx for pointing that out, the attachment went missing. Had a real problem with MobileRead doing that to me this year. Should be ok now.

@barny - I think perhaps you just uploaded an interim version of the plugin. There is a comment in there indicating where you "would" go do something with the authors you have found, but it doesn't have any code after that. Never mind, hopefully the (now) attached version in this thread does what you wanted.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
barny
barny began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & kindle
> attached version in this thread does what you wanted

I'll have a look at your code, see how I should have done it.
barny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #35
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@BetterRed - thx for pointing that out, the attachment went missing. Had a real problem with MobileRead doing that to me this year. Should be ok now.
I noticed that

I've had attachments go AWOL here - and on other forums that use the same server software - VBulletin I think.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have closed the attachment manage dialog before the upload completes and had it discard the task.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #37
Venia Legendi
Venia Legendi began at the beginning.

Device: lots of, frequently changing
Custom column, column color or icon based on marked:true

Hello,

thank you very much for this plugin, which is really useful for me.

I tried to add an color or on icon so I can quickly recognize the marked book, but I did not find "marked" in the field list.

Then trying to add a custom column based on {marked} yields an expression error (unknown field).

So this is not foreseen or I did not searched the net good enough?

V.L.
Venia Legendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #38
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This plugin is only about making temporary lists of books, whereas custom column colouring can only be made on more permanent columns in your library. What you can do is use this plugin to gradually build up a set of books, display the list, then use bulk metadata edit to assign a more permanent attribute to that set of books (such as adding a tag, or setting a value in a custom column). *Then* you can use custom colouring on tat particular tag/custom column.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #39
Venia Legendi
Venia Legendi began at the beginning.

Device: lots of, frequently changing
Uh, thank you, did not realized this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This plugin is only about making temporary lists of books, whereas custom column colouring can only be made on more permanent columns in your library. ...
Venia Legendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #40
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Congratulations (for becoming a feature instead of being a "lowly" plugin)

(and I jest when I say lowly because this has been much used by moi)
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #41
kiwidude

If what I read about calibre 1.6 is correct this plugin can now go sleep with the fishes (and be marked as deprecated in the plugin index). Is that indeed correct?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, the functionality is virtually identical. It's up to you however, if you want to deprecate this plugin or not.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote