Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
beach4me
beach4me began at the beginning.

Device: PRS300
Unhappy Help new PRS 300 and software

I received the PRS300 (Sony) for Christmas and was thrilled. By tonight I'm so frustrated trying to get things to work that I'm ready to send it back...
Finally today I was able to download the software from the Sony site. The Reader library opens but it will not go to the store saying I have an internet connection problem. It also tells you to register but there is nowhere on the Reader Library to do so.
Help please.... please please.
I should say I'm not super computer literate so perhaps I missed something.

Thanks
beach4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, beach4me.

Once your problems are sorted, you'll love your reader, I'm sure.

Someone will post soon with help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach4me View Post
I received the PRS300 (Sony) for Christmas and was thrilled. By tonight I'm so frustrated trying to get things to work that I'm ready to send it back...
Finally today I was able to download the software from the Sony site. The Reader library opens but it will not go to the store saying I have an internet connection problem. It also tells you to register but there is nowhere on the Reader Library to do so.
Help please.... please please.
I should say I'm not super computer literate so perhaps I missed something.
I believe you have to connect to the eBook Store to register the device. I know the Sony eBook Store was down earlier but I'm able to connect now. You probably also have to have the Reader connected when trying to register so it will authorize both the computer and the Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote