Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
easyreader
easyreader began at the beginning.

philips e-reader

Hey everyone maybe I've missed this before but as my quest for the perfect reader continues I found this:

http://www.ifa-show.com/2005/philips..._e-reader.html

comments..........
easyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
It looks great (needs some cosmetic touching up though). Problem is, I'm not, and I'm sure most people here aren't going to wait until the fall when by that time we would have been had three other e-ink readers to choose from.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #3
easyreader
easyreader began at the beginning.

I just thought it was interesting. It seems the more I search the more I find. It seems that they are on the right track I just wish they would consult the user, and maybe they have, on exactly what we want. Oh well, the search continues.
easyreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #4
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
I have seen it on last years IFA (it has its advantages to live in Berlin).
This device has way to go. Have a look at the backside. No way to place you fingers there. The mechanics are still metal and look expensive.
The display had bad pixels all over. It was obviously only an engineering sample. Since we have not heard from it this year i would bet on problems to make it a consumer device.
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Looks very futuristic, but without nanotechnoly or star trek alloys, it looks way too fragile.
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #6
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
Now that the Irex Iliad and Sony Reader both appear to be slipping until the fall, it is possible this device could slip in and steal the show. At least for me, this is the form-factor I want for an ereader. None of the others will fit into a pants pocket (like my current pocketpc) to carry with you all the time.

A telescoping sleeve to wrap around the back, top, and bottom to protect the display certainly looks doable. Not as cool as the fully exposed prototype, but more practical.

Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #7
birddawg
birddawg began at the beginning.

Perfect Reader?

What do you believe the perfect reader should look, feel like? I'm taking a class and thought this was an interesting topic to study. Seems like most of the flexible paper (e-ink) have a long way to go.

Any comments?
birddawg is offline   Reply With Quote