Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast
Todd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, iPad, Mobireader
Newbie looking to learn the ropes...

Hi All,
My name is Todd A Fonseca. I'm from Minneapolis MN (married, 4 boys - it's pretty loud in our house).
Like most of you, I love to read and devour all types of books. I've recently been using Mobipocket reader and have enjoyed it to date (mostly used it on my computer versus my phone).
My recent novel, The Time Cavern, has been doing well in paperback, but I decided to also have it offered as an ebook. The prc version is available at mobipocket and there is a separate Kindle version (I created two versions not knowing the mobipocket would be automatically created!). I've found the ebook community to be very open to new authors and I've appreciate the Kindle forums I've participated in. I've appreciated being welcomed by the Kindle readers and sell about an ebook a day.
I have no idea how to maneuver this community being new. I'm a reader but also an author and I'm not sure what the social dos and do nots are on the boards. So I'm looking for any and all advice.
Thanks all!
Todd A. Fonseca, author of The Time Cavern
Todd A Fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd A Fonseca View Post
Hi All,
My name is Todd A Fonseca. I'm from Minneapolis MN (married, 4 boys - it's pretty loud in our house).
Like most of you, I love to read and devour all types of books. I've recently been using Mobipocket reader and have enjoyed it to date (mostly used it on my computer versus my phone).
My recent novel, The Time Cavern, has been doing well in paperback, but I decided to also have it offered as an ebook. The prc version is available at mobipocket and there is a separate Kindle version (I created two versions not knowing the mobipocket would be automatically created!). I've found the ebook community to be very open to new authors and I've appreciate the Kindle forums I've participated in. I've appreciated being welcomed by the Kindle readers and sell about an ebook a day.
I have no idea how to maneuver this community being new. I'm a reader but also an author and I'm not sure what the social dos and do nots are on the boards. So I'm looking for any and all advice.
Thanks all!
Todd A. Fonseca, author of The Time Cavern
Welcome, and enjoy the forum. Hope your new book does very well, and thanks for putting it into a Kindle format! You'll find other self-published authors here as well.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast
Todd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-booksTodd A Fonseca has learned how to read e-books

Thanks Desert...

Thanks for the welcome. What are good forums for young adult authors?
Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. What are good forums for young adult authors?
Someone else will have to answer that....but wait, they will!
You can also post that question perhaps in the lounge under that same title......good luck!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 AM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, Todd. Enjoy the forum.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Todd and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
The Time Cavern sounds interesting, Could it possibly be added to Fictionwise. I tend to buy most of my .PRC books from there because they're cheaper than Mobipocket. Sorry if that reduces your cut & they allow more devices to be registered.

Oh, & welcome to the forum.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
The Time Cavern sounds interesting, Could it possibly be added to Fictionwise. I tend to buy most of my .PRC books from there because they're cheaper than Mobipocket. Sorry if that reduces your cut & they allow more devices to be registered.

slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
My recent novel, The Time Cavern, has been doing well in paperback, but I decided to also have it offered as an ebook. The prc version is available at mobipocket and there is a separate Kindle version (I created two versions not knowing the mobipocket would be automatically created!).
Todd,

First welcome.

Second, do you have a self published/sold version of the ebook without DRM that is in either mobi/lit format?

BOb

PS... I wonder if there is a need for a lulu like web store for ebook authors so they don't need to set up their own web store like Steve Jordan and Mike McCollum have had to do. Wasn't there some books store on here recently that talked about doing that? Perhaps it was booksforabuck.com?
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast

Fictionwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post

Thanks for the welcome! I'll check into fictionwise - thanks for the tip!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast

Mobi format

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Todd,

First welcome.

Second, do you have a self published/sold version of the ebook without DRM that is in either mobi/lit format?

BOb

PS... I wonder if there is a need for a lulu like web store for ebook authors so they don't need to set up their own web store like Steve Jordan and Mike McCollum have had to do. Wasn't there some books store on here recently that talked about doing that? Perhaps it was booksforabuck.com?
Hi Bob!
Hmm, I guess when I submitted it to Mobi it has the DRM. I have a version without DRM. Are there sites w/out DRM?
Thanks for the interest and help.
T
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Okay, so I'm about half-way thru "Time Caverns" and I must say, I"m pleasantly surprised. I'm enjoying the read. The book flows nicely, and I haven't guess the ending yet. Told from a young boys point of view, by someone who obviously remembers what its like to be 10.....
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #13
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast

Thanks you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay, so I'm about half-way thru "Time Caverns" and I must say, I"m pleasantly surprised. I'm enjoying the read. The book flows nicely, and I haven't guess the ending yet. Told from a young boys point of view, by someone who obviously remembers what its like to be 10.....

Desertgrandma,
Thank you so much for giving it a shot! I look forward to your thoughts once you complete the story. I'm currently working on the sequel and look forward to any and all feedback.
T
Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Hi Bob!
Hmm, I guess when I submitted it to Mobi it has the DRM. I have a version without DRM. Are there sites w/out DRM?
Thanks for the interest and help.
T
Yes, stevejordanbooks.com.com and scifi-az.com (those are two author sites) and booksforabuck.com all sell books without DRM. Also Baen.com and webscriptions.com sell books DRM free too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #15
Todd A Fonseca
Enthusiast

DRM free

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yes, stevejordanbooks.com.com and scifi-az.com (those are two author sites) and booksforabuck.com all sell books without DRM. Also Baen.com and webscriptions.com sell books DRM free too.

BOb
Bob,
Thanks for the references. After looking into this some more, I'm looking at adding the ability to download a DRM free PRC version from my website. I'm wondering the level of interest there would be in this option. Thanks all.

Todd

Tags
author, the time cavern