Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Report on poll for Apple app

FORTUNE -- Wired last week reported that for the third time in a month, Apple (AAPL) has rejected an app that would post a location on a map -- and alert users by push notification (with permission, of course) -- every time a U.S. drone is reported to have killed someone in Pakistan, Yemen or Somalia.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/...s-drone-kills/

I'd love to have this app on my iPad, and would pay for it. What do you think?

Last edited by AlexBell; 09-04-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: fixed spelling mistake
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Apple - a bunch of prudes.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
This app would probably have been too revealing. Does the Government pay Apple to keep things like this off the market?
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
This app would probably have been too revealing. Does the Government pay Apple to keep things like this off the market?
Nothing to reveal that isn't already known. The app aggregates public news stories.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
well, it would reflect badly on the US, so maybe that's why...?

something smells fishy in the fruity world of Apple
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #6
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
something smells fishy in the fruity world of Apple
Fishy fruit? Some submarine life form?
To me it smells like rotten apples
Old 09-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you mean something like:

Crapple - Rotten to the Core

maybe get it TM-ed? :O

it's too bad, though. i used to like them a lot.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
Iznogood
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Crapple - Rotten to the Core
Brilliant! Or we could tweak a bit on Intels trademark and hope intel will sue:

Yes, I also used to like them before they aimed at world domination and suppressing customers and innovation. The technical quality of their products are high standards (except the iPhone if I am to believe all complaints about bad reception). Too bad they now are against all that I am for
Old 09-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
wyndslash
Wizard

my marketing prof made fun of the iphone and its poor reception :P

i love the evil inside button

my dislike of them began when they colluded with the publishers to fix ebook prices. it just went downhill after that.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
Iznogood
Guru

When it comes to marketing, one only have to admire Apple. How they can get millions of customers to happily wait for a product that, in its primary function, is inferior to many of the competitors, but also come willingly back for new models, that is beyond me. But in my point of view, it shows that the marketing department has done a good job(s?).

But I agree, suppressing customers with price-fixing, DRM and dubious patents is not fair play
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #11
wyndslash
Wizard

well, now the truth is coming out. had they stayed "good", they probably would have gotten away with it. so maybe greed can be a good thing :P
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #12
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[QUOTE=norway1456;2209283]Brilliant! Or we could tweak a bit on Intels trademark and hope intel will sue:

I like that Evil inside button but can you insert the word apple? Appvil inside perhaps
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
Iznogood
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
I like that Evil inside button but can you insert the word apple? Appvil inside perhaps
I didn't make the image, so I can't change the text, but if you have photoshop or similar, I'm sure you can change the text.

Or, you can make fun of the Apple logo:

You think they'll sue?

Edit:
A better text for this one might be:
Think different?
Think again!

Edit2:
I think I'll take a patent on that last one

Last edited by Iznogood; 09-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.