Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
hamh
Connoisseur
hamh began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G / Milestone / 505 / iPad 3G
Any update on the firmware flash for the 505?

As the title has stated, any update on the universal flasher for the 505?

Last edited by hamh; 11-06-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: should be universal flasher instead of firmware flash
hamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There have been no firmware updates since the 505 was released.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #3
hamh
Connoisseur

Sorry, I mean universal flasher for the hack on 505
Old 11-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I was able to flash the firmware but managed to brick my Reader, probably because of some mistake I did when editing the xml files. Since there's no official flasher I could use to unbrick it (any Sony engineers reading this: hint, hint!) , I'm currently mulling over whether to send it back or wait for an update. Either way, it's not ready for release yet.

Last edited by igorsk; 11-06-2007 at 10:20 AM.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #5
hamh
Connoisseur

oh... I'm sorry to hear that... I wish sony will release the officical flasher soon.

If it is within a month and if you are located in the US , I think you can bring it back to the sony store and exchange it with no question ask.

I had mine exchange without really showing the receipt.
Advert
Old 11-06-2007, 11:01 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
igorsk is definitely not in the U.S.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
I was able to flash the firmware but managed to brick my Reader, probably because of some mistake I did when editing the xml files. Since there's no official flasher I could use to unbrick it (any Sony engineers reading this: hint, hint!) , I'm currently mulling over whether to send it back or wait for an update. Either way, it's not ready for release yet.
It was said that Sony was going to release a firmware upgrade (Adobe Digital Editions?) in January. Let's pray this is true, so you get your Reader back to life!!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote